Are you ready for a fast-paced, hands-on career that will maximize your analytical skills and challenge you every day? The Laboratory Science Technology Associate of Applied Sciences Degree program blends key theoretical concepts with practical laboratory skills needed for success in a broad range of science careers, including biological, chemical, and environmental industries as well as academic research laboratories. This program has been designed not only to prepare you for immediate employment, but also to transfer smoothly to local universities, allowing you to start your science education at NWTC and continue toward a bachelor’s degree, pre-medical studies and beyond. Courses will focus on experimental design, application of scientific principles in analysis of results, accurate documentation processes, fundamentals of quality measurement, and use of industry-standard instrumentation and protocols.
- Laboratory Technologists/Technicians collect and analyze samples, validate and perform protocols and procedures to analyze samples for quality assurance and safety, and may operate complex equipment and instruments.
- Quality Control Analysts conduct tests to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate and finished products
- Laboratory Managers validate and perform protocols and procedures and lead the daily operations of laboratories, including management of maintenance of machinery and performance of technicians.
- Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers analyze raw or processed products for specifications.
Requirements for Program Entry
- Completed Application
- High School Transcripts or Equivalents
- 10-804-197 College Algebra & Trig w Apps
- 10-806-114 General Biology
- 10-806-135 College Chemistry
- 10-890-101 College 101
- 10-506-136 College Chemistry 2
- 10-801-136 English Composition 1
- 10-806-154 General Physics 1 OR
- 10-806-143 College Physics 1 AND
- 10-806-148 General Physics 1 Enhancement
- 10-806-197 Microbiology
- 10-506-137 Laboratory Intern Experience
- 10-809-166 Intro to Ethics: Theory & App
- 10-809-172 Intro to Diversity Studies
- 10-506-138 Experimental Design
- 10-506-157 Applied Statistics
- 10-506-158 Analytical Chemistry 1
- 10-506-159 Cell and Molecular Biology
- 10-809-198 Intro to Psychology OR
- 10-809-199 Psychology Of Human Relations
- 10-506-160 Organic Chemistry 1
- 10-506-170 Experimental Research Capstone
- 10-801-197 Technical Reporting
- 10-806-164 General Physics 2
About the School
Founded in 1912, NWTC is a nationally-ranked, two-year public college where students prepare for high-tech careers and begin their bachelor’s degrees. Last year, NWTC served over 32,000 students; 7,80 ... Read More