Justice Studies Diploma – Law Enforcement
You will become a vital part of the system that is at the foundation of our society, making a difference within the field of justice and your community. You will learn the knowledge and skills required to pursue a career in the various fields of law enforcement where every day offers unique and exciting challenges.
This 16-month (4 semesters) Diploma program will prepare you for an exciting career within the field of law enforcement as a police officer, sheriff, RCMP officer, or border services officer. Currently serving and recently retired police officers make up the team of exemplary instructors committed to helping you succeed. All Justice Studies students take the same set of courses in Year 1 (criminal justice, psychology, sociology, and criminology) and take courses specific to their specialization in Year 2: Youth Justice, Law Enforcement, or Correctional Studies.
You will have a wide variety of career options open to you with this Diploma: Police Officer, RCMP Officer, Military Police Member, Border Services Officer, Fish and Wildlife Officer, Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Officer, and Bylaw Enforcement Officer.
16-months (4 semesters)
- High School Diploma with credit in English 30-1 or 65% in English 30-2 or equivalent
- Successful completion of the General Equivalency Development test with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing
- Satisfactory results on the BVC Admissions Test Additional Requirement
- A current Police Information Check (PIC) with a Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) that is completely clear.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
- See English Language Proficiency Requirements for details.
Bow Valley College has a number of transfer agreements in place with other leading Canadian colleges and universities.
This school offers programs in: