This summer St. Angela’s College offers you a unique opportunity to undertake an English language immersion programme in the beautiful setting of County Sligo in the North West of Ireland. Sligo is a vibrant seaside town with lots of cultural family events throughout the summer months. Students will have the opportunity to be truly immersed in an environment that is safe and friendly for all ages. Boys and girls aged 11 – 16 will improve their English and experience Ireland’s incredible beaches and landscapes through activities and outdoor adventure sports. Learn to surf along the Wild Atlantic Way, hike Ireland’s beautiful mountains and stand-up paddle board along scenic lakes. The programme will run for the 4 full weeks of July. Children can join for 2, 3 or 4 weeks to ensure the best opportunity to develop their English language skills.
- 4th – 10th July 2016
- 11th – 17th July 2016
- 18th – 24th July 2016
- 25th – 31stJuly 2016
*A student must book onto at least two continuous weeks of the programme.
- 2 weeks €1050
- 3 weeks €1575
- 4 weeks €2100
- Each morning is spent learning English as part of a fun programme.
- In the afternoon everyone joins in on the planned activity for that period e.g. surfing
- Students return to their host families for dinner and to relax before meeting up again to enjoy the planned evening events e.g. Cinema
- Every Saturday there is an excursion planned or shopping trip
- Our College is equipped with state of the art clinical skills facilities, food laboratories, science laboratories, computer suites and lots more!
Students attending the programme stay with a host family. All the families are inspected and carefully selected by our Accommodation Officer. Accommodation is arranged on a full board basis.
- Full board accommodation in host family with packed lunches
- 2 or 3 students per family
- 15 hours of English language tuition per week (morning class)
- Varied mix of planned activities and any equipment needed
- Full board – breakfast, packed lunch and dinner
- Airport transfers
- Transport to and from the campus for class
- Transport to all planned activity locations
What’s not included?
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- General spending money
- English language classes are taught by highly qualified teachers with great experience
- Our Activity co-ordinator will manage all activities and excursions
- All our staff will ensure that you will have a fantastic time, meet new friends, develop your language skills and immerse you into a new culture with a wonderful experience
- Students are given a placement test on arrival and are then placed in a class appropriate to their level of English
- All classes have a maximum of 15 students per class
- On finishing their course students are given a Student Exit Report detailing their English language progress
- Students are also awarded a Certificate of Attainment stating their level of English
About the School
St. Angela’s College, Sligo, a College of the National University of Ireland, Galway, is a provider of University-level education and research in the North West of Ireland. As a College within the w ... Read More