Introduction to Financial Markets
For those wishing to dip their toe into the world of financial trading, LAT’s one-week Introduction to Financial Markets course is ideal. It will help you familiarise yourself with the structure of the financial markets, placing particular focus on trading currencies, commodities and major stock indices.
Our financial markets course requires no prior knowledge of trading or financial markets, starting with the basics and building your understanding from fundamental principles. Attendees will get acquainted with the day-to-day routines of traders and will dig deeper into a fundamental analysis, technical analysis and the evaluation of macroeconomic data releases. You will benefit from both academic and practical sessions, where our experienced lecturers and mentors will offer you the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve an excellent base in financial trading. Through our introductory financial trading programme, you will be able to evaluate the benefits of a longer course, but also gain access to our trading community, on-going support and career advice if you intend to venture into this sector.
Entry requirements for all LAT programmes:
- A completed and signed application form
- A copy of your passport/proof of ID/Birth Certificate
Entry requirements for all LAT programmes of two weeks or more:
- A scanned copy of a recent passport-sized colour photograph
- Proof of education qualifications
- Proof of English proficiency, if required
Note: All documents are to be provided in English. Where documents are not in English, you will also need to provide a certified translation of any such documents.
- Scanned copies of your diplomas and certified translation
- Scanned copies of your certified transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency IELTS 5.5 or equivalents
- Candidates who studied an undergraduate degree in the medium of English in a majority English-speaking country can provide a letter from their university confirming this as evidence of their English proficiency.
All other students:
- A minimum level 3 qualification or an interview with our Academic Dean, Paddy Osborn Fully completed LAT application form
Program taught in: