Introduction to Acting for Film is a great taster course for those who are new to acting, as well as those with some theatre experience looking to brush up on their skills in front of the camera. Students will take part in short, filmed scenes and will receive feedback to help make their performance in front of the camera as relaxed and natural as possible. Students will be taught by a professional acting coach who will introduce the basic differences between acting for screen and acting on stage whilst being given an insight into what goes on behind the camera.
- Have an understanding of subtext
- Be able to analyse film scripts
- Have grasped rehearsal and blocking techniques
- Have an understanding of how actors are cast in the film and TV industry
- Have gained experience in acting in short filmed scenes
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: The Introduction to Acting for Film course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2017