George Mason University
International Year One in Science will prepare you to enter your next semester of a bachelor’s degree program at George Mason University. Upon successful completion of International Year One and meeting university requirements for undergraduate admission, you may enter your next semester of undergraduate study at George Mason University. This transition from an INTO Mason program to a university degree program is called progression.
Degree Program Components
- 120 credit hour program
- 27-34 credit hours apply from Pathway
- 86-93 credit hours remaining toward a degree
- 120 credit hour program
- 18 credit hours apply from Pathway
- 102 credit hours remaining toward a degree
- Begin earning credits toward your degree even if you don’t meet the academic and English requirements for direct entry.
- Receive additional support to move you successfully through your first year at a US university.
- Graduate in the same amount of time as domestic students.
- Smaller class sizes allow you to spend more time with your teachers.
- Develop the knowledge and skills for your degree through your chosen pathway.
Key course facts
- Course length: 1-3 Semesters
- Start dates: 2019: January, August; 2020: January
- Fees: From $36,800
- Class hours: 17-21 hours per week
- Class size: 20
- Award: This Pathway program leads to a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Environmental Science, Geology, Mathematics, Bachelor of Science in Astronomy, Forensic Science, Geography, Medical Laboratory Science, Physics Bachelor of Arts in Computational and Data Science, or Environmental and Sustainability Studies.
- Course options: 1-Semester Pathway
- Academic requirements: High school diploma; 2.5 minimum GPA equivalent.
- English language requirements: TOEFL iBT 80 (17 subscores in reading and writing), IELTS 6.5 (6.0 subscores in reading and writing), PTEA 53+, Completion of Academic English Core and OCS Level 5 or higher, or IELA 176 overall (169 subscores in reading and writing).
- Age requirements: 16 years and above.
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
See 50 more programs offered by George Mason University »
This course is
1 - 3 semesters
From $36,800. Additional fees may apply
Masters of Arts in International Commerce and Policy: Kevin's experience
Studying abroad: a day in the life of Ade