International Year One program in Pre-Engineering will prepare you to enter your next semester of a bachelor’s degree program at Drew University. Upon successful completion of International Year one and meeting university requirements for undergraduate admission, you may enter your third year of undergraduate study at a number of well-known US universities.
This transition from an INTO program to a university degree program is called progression. You must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA per semester to remain in good academic standing in the Pathway program at Drew.
For Columbia University-bound students:
The 5-year or 6-year Drew-Columbia dual-degree engineering program offers students 3 or 4 years of liberal arts education at Drew and two years at Columbia, earning a BA from Drew, plus a BS in engineering from Columbia. Get more information about the Columbia dual degree program.
Degree Program Components
- 128 credit hour program
- 64 credit hours apply from Pathway
- 64 credit hours remaining toward a degree
- Begin earning credits toward your degree even if you don’t meet the academic and English requirements for direct entry.
- Receive additional support to move you successfully through your first year at a US university.
- Graduate in the same amount of time as domestic students.
- Smaller class sizes allow you to spend more time with your teachers.
- Develop the knowledge and skills for your degree through your chosen pathway.
Key course facts
- Course length: 2-3 Semesters
- Start dates: 2019: January, May, August 2020: January, May
- Fees: From $39,500
- Class hours: 12-16 hours per week
- Class size: 20
- Award: This Pathway program leads to majors in engineering, mathematics, and physics.
- Course options:
- 4-semester Pathway
- 5-semester Pathway
- Academic requirements: High school diploma with a US equivalent of a 2.5 GPA.
- English language requirements: From IELTS 5.0 or TOEFL 50 or equivalent
- Age requirements: 16 years and above. Interview required
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.