Equivalent to the first year of a Scottish degree, the International Year One in Computing leads you directly into year two of a number of specialist degrees such as computer games, digital design and more. This programme was previously called an International Foundation in Computing.
Why apply for the International Year One programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- equivalent to a first year Scottish undergraduate degree programme
- direct entry to the second year of undergraduate study
- full university status
There are three course options available:
- International Year One (3 terms) - this is the standard option
- Extended International Year One (4 terms) - this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
- Extended International Year One (5 terms) - this option features two additional terms of English at the beginning for extra language support
Where will it take me?
The International Year One is equivalent to the first year of your degree at Glasgow Caledonian University
If you start the course in June 2017 or later, you can progress to the following undergraduate degree:
- BSc (Hons) Computing
Our progression guarantee
We guarantee to find you a place to study on an appropriate degree and university if you successfully complete your International Year One programme, follow professional advice offered by INTO staff and meet minimum attendance requirements.
As a successful pathway student, you’ll have access to a number of university progression options. Each progression option will follow a specific pathway and specific requirements for both English/study skills and overall grade. You’ll also find some courses have specific requirements, such as:
- successfully completing an interview;
- having previously studied a relevant discipline;
- having previously completed a degree; or
- having IELTS 6.0 or equivalent in English language.
What is special about this programme?
The International Year One programme prepares you for entry to year two of an undergraduate degree at Glasgow Caledonian University. In Scotland, INTO academic preparation courses count directly towards your degree, meaning it is possible to graduate with an ordinary degree after just two further years of study following the International Year One - a great opportunity to get a head start in your career.
You'll also benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- a campus based programme with access to university facilities
- a conditional offer of a place on a relevant undergraduate degree at Glasgow Caledonian University
- multiple start dates
- the highest levels of personal care and support
Who should apply for the International Year One programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Year One programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the programme in order to change your specialist subject.
This course is not available for UK or EU students.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 - 5 terms (9 - 15 months)
Start dates: October 2017, January, June and September 2018
Fees: From £11,995
Age: 16 years and above
Academic: Completed 12 years of schooling with good grades
English language: IELTS 4.0 - 5.0 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 7, 2018