The International Year One in Business and Management provides an extensive range of progression options from tourism management to international fashion branding, providing you with the freedom to progress the right degree course for you.
Why apply for the International Year One programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- equivalent to the first year of a Scottish undergraduate degree programme
- direct entry to the second year of undergraduate study
- full university status
There are three course options available:
- International Year One (3 terms) - this is the standard option
- Extended International Year One (4 terms) - this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
- Extended International Year One (5 terms) - this option features two additional terms of English at the beginning for extra language support, with lower English language entry requirements
Where will this take me?
The International Year One course is equivalent to the first year of your degree at Glasgow Caledonian University and leads you directly into year two of the following undergraduate degrees:
Glasgow School for Business and Society
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Economics and Risk*
- BA (Hons) Finance, Investment and Risk
- BA (Hons) International Business
- BA (Hons) International Business and Economics*
- BA (Hons) International Business and Finance
- BA (Hons) International Business and Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) International Business and Marketing**
- BA (Hons) International Events Management
- BA (Hons) International Fashion Branding
- BA (Hons) International Marketing
- BA (Hons) Sports Management*
- BA (Hons) Risk Management
*Available progression for January 2017 start date only.
**Available progression for June 2017 onward start dates only.
Our progression guarantee
We guarantee to find you a place to study on an appropriate degree and university if you successfully complete your International Year One programme, follow professional advice offered by INTO staff and meet minimum attendance requirements.
As a successful pathway student, you’ll have access to a number of university progression options. Each progression option will follow a specific pathway and specific requirements for both English/study skills and overall grade. You’ll also find some courses have specific requirements, such as:
- successfully completing an interview;
- having previously studied a relevant discipline;
- having previously completed a degree; or
- having IELTS 6.0 or equivalent in English language.
What is special about this programme?
The International Foundation programme prepares you for entry to year 2 of an undergraduate degree at Glasgow Caledonian University. This programme ensures that you meet the English language and academic entry requirements for second-year entry to Glasgow Caledonian University.
In Scotland, INTO academic preparation courses count directly towards your degree, meaning it is possible to graduate with an ordinary degree after just two further years of study following the International Year One - a great opportunity to get a head start in your career.
You'll also benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- a campus based programme with access to university facilities
- a conditional offer of a place on a relevant undergraduate degree at Glasgow Caledonian University
- multiple start dates
- the highest levels of personal care and support
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Year One programme provides academic preparation for second year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the programme in order to change your specialist subject.
This course is not available for UK or EU students.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 - 5 terms (9 - 15 months)
Start dates: June 2017, September, October, January 2018
Fees: From £11,995
Age: 16 years and above
Academic: Completed 12 years of schooling with good grades
English language: IELTS 4.0 - 5.0 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 7, 2018