An advanced programme offering direct entry to Year 2 of a business or economics degree at UEA.
Why apply for the International Year One programme?
- A route to Year 2 of an undergraduate degree at UEA (subject to meeting the specified entry requirements).
- You are a student of the University from day one, on a quality-assured, UEA-validated programme.
- Professional help and support with your application to university.
Course options available
- International Year One (3 terms) - this is the standard option, suitable for most students
- Extended International Year One (4 terms) - this option incorporates an additional term of intensive English language tuition at the beginning of the course, and English language entry requirements are lower
Where will this programme take me?
Successful completion of the International Year One leads to the initial award of Certificate of Higher Education (FHEQ Level 4) from UEA.
This programme leads to Year 2 in the following bachelor's degrees at the University of East Anglia:
Norwich Business School
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance with a year abroad
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Management
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Management with a year abroad
- BSc (Hons) Business Finance and Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Finance and Management with a year abroad
- BSc (Hons) Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Management with a year abroad
- BSc (Hons) Marketing and Management
- BSc (Hons) Marketing and Management with a year abroad
School of Economics
- BSc (Hons) Business Economics
- BSc (Hons) Business Economics with a year abroad
- BSc (Hons) Business Finance and Economics
- BSc (Hons) Business Finance and Economics with a year abroad
- BSc (Hons) Economics
- BSc (Hons) Economics with a year abroad
- BSc (Hons) Economics with Accountancy
- BSc (Hons) Economics with Accountancy with a year abroad
What is special about this programme?
The International Year One is equivalent to studying Year 1 of a UK undergraduate degree, and prepares you for direct entry to Year 2 of an undergraduate degree programme in business, finance and economics related subjects.
You will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge of academic theory, develop your study and research skills, and improve your language skills for university success.
- university-style teaching with high contact hours and small class sizes
- a campus-based programme with access to world-class university facilities
- study all the core modules of year 1 Business and Economics at UEA
You will receive advice and feedback during seminars and tutorials. Regular one-to-one meetings with your personal tutor will help you plan for future effective study, and answer any questions to ensure your academic success.
We also have an International Progression team, who will help with your application to the University of East Anglia and arrange visits to your future school of study so that you can learn more about your chosen degree programme.
Benefit from a wide range of teaching styles and methodologies used by specialists in their field.
Student-centred methods include discussions, tasks and using students' ideas to structure input, encouraging you to become a co-creator of your learning experience.
A combination of lectures and seminars will enable you to explore theories and their practical applications in depth using real-world business scenarios.
Who should apply for the International Year One programme?
The International Year One is suitable for international students who have completed A-levels or a recognised International Foundation programme, or who are already in the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree in their home country, but do not meet the academic or English language requirements for direct entry to the University of East Anglia.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 - 4 terms (9 - 12 months)
Start dates: July, September, October, January
Fees: From £17,495
Age: 17 years and above
Academic: A-levels, Foundation, year 1 of a degree, or equivalent
English language: IELTS 5.0 - 5.5 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 6, 2018