On this programme, you will enter the first year and are guaranteed progression to the second year of your chosen degree (if you meet the required criteria). Teaching takes place in the Global Study Centre (GSC) using dedicated lecturers who know the strengths and weaknesses of each student.
mohamed_hassan / Pixabay
Year One overview
- Develop students’ fundamental knowledge and provide a solid foundation in the study of managerial practices and their related functions, such as human resource management and marketing, as well as an appreciation of the broader context in which these activities take place in society.
- Develop in students a broad range of transferable academic literacy, research and analytical skills to succeed in undergraduate study.
- Ensure that students have attained the prescribed level of English language competency to succeed at specified University of Leicester undergraduate programmes in the related fields.
- To prepare students to operate effectively and autonomously within the framework of higher education.
- Develop students’ graduate attributes to optimize future employability prospects in a global environment.
|Business Finance and Reporting||15|
|Economy and Society||15|
|Managing Information Technology||15|
|Management Inquiry and Analysis||15|
|Management Theory and Debate||15|
|Principles of Marketing||15|
|Work and Society||15|
Teaching and Assessment
Teaching is delivered via a combination of small group lectures, group-based tutorial coursework (oral and written presentation), and assessment is via individual coursework (oral and written presentation) and examinations. You will be encouraged throughout the stage of the study to undertake independent study to supplement what is being taught/learnt and to broaden your personal knowledge.
Students who achieve the progression threshold of 40% across all credit-bearing modules will be eligible for progression to Year 2.
Students will also need to achieve the progression threshold of 50% in the AES module to progress to Year 2.
- BA Management Studies
- BA Human Resource Management
- BA Marketing
- IELTS 5.5
- 5.5 minimum in all bands
About the School
Based within easy walking distance of the University of Leicester campus, the Centre encourages development, nurtures confidence and supports the integration of each student into student life in the U ... Read More