Why attend the Renewable Energy Summer Course in Spain?
The ZubiGune Foundation is part of the Usurbil’s Vocational Training School, Referral Centre in its Region for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (Spain).
The ZubiGune Foundation takes part in different national and international projects related to Renewable Energy and also develops and executes technological and innovation projects for local SMEs.
In 2018 ZubiGune has been awarded in the “Awards of Excellence” taken in Australia, by The World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP), an international network of Colleges and Associations of Colleges of Renewable Energy.
The two weeks Summer Program (40 hours) offers you interdisciplinary knowledge in the fields of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy:
- Technologies aimed at improving efficiency energy in buildings and industry
- Accumulation techniques
- Electromobility for sustainability and knowledge of the different renewable energy sources
- Wind Energy (Mini Wind Turbines)
- Geothermal Energy
- Solar Energy (Photovoltaics & Thermal Energy)
- Smart Micro Grid
- Site visits (Mutriku Wave Power Plant, etc.)
- Workshops with photovoltaics panels and mini wind turbines
Who is it for?
- University and VET Center students, teachers and professors who want to get a general view of Renewable Energy
- Experts and technicians in other fields who want to introduce or renew their education
There is the option to enroll in English or in Spanish. As a plus, we can offer you a previous on-line language course that will help you to reach the level and technical vocabulary, in order to expand your skills to the next level.
Extra activities and experiences – Enjoy Spain!
In addition to technical knowledge, this international experience is expected to expand students’ appreciation for cultural differences and we will be proposing packs of extra activities for the afternoons: Surf lessons; sightseeing tours; pintxo’s tours; mountain climbing; San Fermines, etc.).
Our team will be glad of assisting you with the accommodation facilities; money exchange; transport; informing about free activities in the city; help you find what you’re looking for; show you around on your first day, etc. We want you to feel part of the local community.
A typical day (Tentative agenda)
- 9 AM – 1 PM: Morning Class
- 3 PM – 7 PM: Staff Planned Activities or Free Time
- From 7 PM: Free Time
At the end of this Program, you will get a Certification that will include all the contents, certified by Usurbil’s Vocational Training School and FP Vasca (Basque Vocational Training Quality Standard).
Duration and Price
- Different rounds in June & July 2019
- Duration 2 weeks (40 hours)
- Price includes all teaching sessions, program materials and some site visits to interesting industries.
- *Early-bird discount: a 100€ discount applies if an advanced payment has been received by March 31st.
The Admissions Process
- Candidates must submit The Application Form
- Admissions Committee evaluates the candidate’s application
- Personal interview conducted by the admissions team (skype or other admitted)
- Place Reservation is finalized
- Gloria Moya firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maitane Iraola email@example.com
- ZubiGune Fundazioa firstname.lastname@example.org