Evaluates the maturity of the project management system of an organization. Develop the plans and strategies to implement the project office (PMO for its acronym in English), as well as manage the methodologies of project management, portfolios and programs within the company.
Benefits of the program
- The Project Offices (PMOs) have become a key element in the development of today's organizations, not only for the successful development of the organization's projects, but also for the achievement of their strategic objectives. Upon completion of the course, the participant will receive the necessary tools to define, implement or adequately develop the Project Office of their organization.
- You will develop a practical project during the course that includes the diagnosis of the project management system, the definition of a management methodology and the development of a manual of specific procedures and formats. At the end of the seminar there will be the presentation of projects that, together with the approval of the study modules and a final exam, will allow the Tecnológico de Monterrey to deliver the Certification in Management of the Project Office (PMO) to the participant.
- The course provides the additional value of obtaining 96 PDUs (professional development units) endorsed by the PMI (Project Management Institute) necessary for the maintenance of the PMP® certification if the participant sustains said certificate although it is not required to take the workshop.
Administrators, managers and project managers interested in obtaining professional certification as manager or administrator of the project office (PMO) of both manufacturing and service companies and in private, non-profit or government organizations.
Content of the program
The Diploma in Certification in Management of the Project Office (PMO) consists of four modules, which total 96 hours of study in total.
Module 1. Definition and Deployment of the Project Office. (24 hours)
- Definition of the project office
- Organizational diagnosis (model OPM3®)
- Levels of maturity
- Functions of the project office
- Implementation of the project office
Module 2. The Portfolio Management and Project Programs (24 hours)
- The strategic context of the projects.
- Portfolio management and project programs.
- The project management office.
- Processes of portfolio management and project programs.
- Techniques for evaluation and selection of projects.
- Use of MS Project to manage programs and project portfolios.
Module 3. MS Project and Project Server (24 hours)
- Managing projects with MS Project
- Managing project programs with MS Project.
- Managing project portfolios with MS Project.
- Installation and use of Project Server
- The functions of the project office and MS Project.
Module 4. Practical Project (24 hours)
- Application and interpretation of the OPM3® model
- Definition of the project management methodology
- Development of manuals and procedures
- Presentation of projects
- Final exam