Prepare for your master's degree in a wide range of subjects including international development, politics and education.
You will develop your study skills, subject knowledge and English language in preparation for postgraduate study.
Why apply for the International Graduate Diploma programme?
- A route to a postgraduate degree at UEA (subject to meeting the specified entry requirements).
- You are a student of the University from day one, on a quality-assured, UEA-validated programme.
- Professional help and support with your application to university.
We also offer the International Graduate Diploma in Social Sciences with Pre-sessional English course which combines the International Graduate Diploma with one term of English on a single CAS.
Where will this programme take me?
Successful completion of the International Graduate Diploma leads to the award of International Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (FHEQ Level 6) from UEA.
This programme leads to the following courses at the University of East Anglia:
School of International Development
- MA Agriculture and Rural Development
- MSc Climate Change and International Development
- MA Conflict, Governance and International Development
- MA Cultural Heritage and International Development
- MSc Development Economics
- MA Education and Development
- MSc Environment and International Development
- MA Gender Analysis of International Development
- MA Globalisation Business and Sustainable Development
- MSc Impact Evaluation for International Development
- MA International Development
- MA International Social Development
- MA Media and International Development
- MSc Water Security and International Development
School of Politics, Philosophy and Language and Communication Studies
- MA International Relations
- MA Media and Cultural Politics
- MA Politics
- MA Public Policy and Public Management
School of Education and Lifelong Learning
- MA Adult Literacy, Lifelong Learning and Development: International Perspectives
- MA Education; Learning, Pedagogy and Assessment
- MA Mathematics Education
11th in the UK for Communication and Media Studies
(The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017)
What is special about this programme?
The INTO UEA International Graduate Diploma is designed to improve your academic theory, intensive English language skills, and study and research abilities to prepare for postgraduate study at the University of East Anglia.
- university-style teaching with high contact hours and small class sizes
- a campus-based programme with access to world-class university facilities
- interactive lectures from experienced academic faculty who have worked in various international organisations including the United Nations
- the chance to improve your group leadership and presentation skills
- an introduction to research skills and full preparation for writing a postgraduate dissertation
- You will receive advice and feedback during seminars and tutorials. Regular one-to-one meetings with your personal tutor will help you plan for future effective study, and answer any questions to ensure your academic success.
We also have an International Progression team who will help with your application to the University of East Anglia.
Interactive lectures from experienced academic faculty, as well as professionals from industry, will be followed by a seminar to discuss topics raised during the lectures.
Seminars follow a workshop style, where discussion and presentation are used to prepare you for postgraduate study.
Here you will debate and analyse current issues in the area of politics, society and international development, led by academics and practitioners who have worked in and alongside various international organisations, such as the United Nations and the Department for International development.
Student-led workshops will also improve group leadership and presentation skills in preparation for your chosen career.
You will benefit from an introduction to the application of research skills as preparation for postgraduate studies and dissertations.
Who should apply for the International Graduate Diploma programme?
The International Graduate Diploma is suitable for students who want to:
- be introduced to a subject so that you can study it at postgraduate level
- upgrade your qualifications if you have studied a 3-year diploma in a relevant subject
- increase or update your subject knowledge
- improve your English language study skills within the context of your chosen subject
Key course facts
Course length: 3 terms (9 months)
Start dates: September, January
Fees: From £17,495
Age: 18 years and above
Academic: Undergraduate degree, or diploma with high grades
English language: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course.
About the School
The University of East Anglia is home to everything you need to have a great living and studying experience. And as an INTO student, you'll have full access to everything that UEA students enjoy. You ... Read More