Study at UEA and choose from undergraduate degrees across law, film studies, international development, politics, and more.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- A guaranteed route to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree at UEA (subject to meeting the specified entry requirements).
- You are a student of the University from day one, on a quality-assured, UEA-validated programme.
Course options available
- International Foundation (3 terms) - this is the standard option, suitable for most students.
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) - this option incorporates an additional term of intensive English language tuition at the beginning of the course, and English language entry requirements are lower.
Where will this programme take me?
Successful completion of the International Foundation leads to the award of International Foundation Certificate (RQF Level 3) from UEA.
Our progression guarantee:
We guarantee to find you a place to study on an appropriate degree and university if you successfully complete your International Foundation programme, follow professional advice offered by INTO staff and meet minimum attendance requirements.
As a successful pathway student, you’ll have access to a number of university progression options. Each progression option will follow a specific pathway and specific requirements for both English/study skills and overall grade. You’ll also find some courses have specific requirements, such as:
- successfully completing an interview;
- having previously studied a relevant discipline;
- having previously completed a degree; or
- having IELTS 6.0 or equivalent in English language.
Joint 12th in the UK for Law
(The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017)
What is special about the programme?
The INTO UEA International Foundation programme is designed to improve your academic theory, intensive English language skills, and study and research abilities to prepare for undergraduate study at the University of East Anglia.
- university-style teaching with high contact hours and small class sizes
- a campus-based programme with access to world-class university facilities
- progress to one of the best film, television and media departments in the country
- real-world learning using industry-standard film-making equipment
- 8th in the UK for Law (Guardian University Guide 2016)
You will receive advice and feedback during seminars and tutorials. Regular one-to-one meetings with your personal tutor will help you plan for future effective study, and answer any questions to ensure your academic success.
We also have an International Progression team who will help with your application to the University of East Anglia and arrange visits to your future school of study so that you can learn more about your chosen degree programme.
During your programme, you will research and take part in lively debates about current topics of national interest.
Developing a global outlook is key, and our experienced academic staff will give you the tools to analyse current international relations and development through case studies in countries such as India and China.
As part of the Law module, you will have the opportunity to experience a British courtroom in session. You will also discuss real-life cases in a moot simulation to prepare you for university and the workplace.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first-year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. In some circumstances, you may be able to enrol on the International Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 - 4 terms (9 - 12 months)
Start dates: July, September, October, January
Fees: From £17,495
Age: 16 years and above
Academic: Completed 12 years of schooling with good grades
English language: IELTS 5.0 - 5.5 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course.