Academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree in areas such as criminology, cultural and creative industries, journalism, law, sociology and psychology.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- access to City, University of London support and facilities
- multiple start dates
There are two course options available:
- International Foundation (3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
Where will it take me?
Our progression guarantee:
We guarantee to find you a place to study on an appropriate degree and university if you successfully complete your International Foundation programme, follow professional advice offered by INTO staff and meet minimum attendance requirements.
As a successful pathway student, you’ll have access to a number of university progression options. Each progression option will follow a specific pathway and specific requirements for both English/study skills and overall grade. You’ll also find some courses have specific requirements, such as:
- successfully completing an interview;
- having previously studied a relevant discipline;
- having previously completed a degree; or
- having IELTS 6.0 or equivalent in English language.
This course leads to the following undergraduate degrees at City, University of London:
- BSc Criminology
- BSc Criminology and Sociology
- BSc International Political Economy
- BSc International Politics
- BSc International Politics and Sociology
- BSc Psychology
- BSc Sociology
- BSc Media, Communication and Sociology
- BSc Sociology with Psychology
- BSc Speech and Language Science
What is special about the programme?
The International Foundation in Humanities and Law leads to the award of the City, University of London International Foundation Certificate (National Qualification Framework Level 3).
As well as a guaranteed offer from the City, University of London for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree at City, University of London
- the highest levels of personal care and support
Each academic module will be a mix of lectures and seminars with a focus on group work. The Business and Economics modules provide you with the opportunity to apply academic theory to real life and topical scenarios. You may have to write a business plan to launch a new product or use economic theory to consider the impact of a change in government policy to a particular industry.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
You should apply for this course if you have completed secondary school education in your home country. The International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme at City, University of London. Successful completion of this programme will also allow you to apply for entry to other universities in the UK.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 - 4 terms (9 - 12 months)
Start dates: July, September and January
Fees: From £15,495
Age: 17 years and above
Academic: Completed 12 years of schooling with good grades
English language: IELTS 5.0 - 5.5 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course