Academic study, intensive English language teaching, and study skills to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree in areas such as engineering and mathematical science.
Why apply for the International Foundation program?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- access to City, University of London support and facilities
- multiple start dates
There are two-course options available:
- International Foundation (3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
Where does it take me?
Our progression guarantee:
We guarantee to find you a place to study on an appropriate degree and university if you successfully complete your International Foundation programme, follow professional advice offered by INTO staff and meet minimum attendance requirements.
As a successful pathway student, you’ll have access to some university progression options. Each progression option will follow a specific pathway and specific requirements for both English/study skills and overall grade. You’ll also find some courses have specific requirements, such as:
- successfully completing an interview;
- having previously studied a relevant discipline;
- having previously completed a degree; or
- having IELTS 6.0 or equivalent in the English language.
This course leads to the following degrees at City, University of London:
- BSc Mathematics and Finance
- BSc Mathematics
- BSc Mathematics with Finance and Economics
- BEng Aeronautical Engineering
- MEng Aeronautical Engineering
- BEng Biomedical Engineering
- MEng Biomedical Engineering
- BEng Civil Engineering
- MEng Civil Engineering
- BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Business Computing Systems
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Computer Science with Games Technology
- MSci Computer Science with Cyber Security
24th in the UK for Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering
(The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017)
What is special about the programme?
The International Foundation in Engineering and Mathematics leads to the award of the City, University of London International Foundation Certificate (National Qualification Framework Level 3).
As well as a guaranteed offer from the City, University of London for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place in the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree at City, University of London
- the highest levels of personal care and support
You will benefit from being taught the Engineering Science module by City, University of London academics in comprehensively equipped laboratories on the University campus. This provides the perfect opportunity to develop practical skills while familiarising yourself with the University's learning environment. Practical computing modules include the development of essential programming skills.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
You should apply for this course if you have completed secondary school education in your home country. The International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first-year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme at City, University of London. Successful completion of this programme will also allow you to apply for entry to other universities in the UK.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 - 4 terms (9 - 12 months)
Start dates: July, September, and January
Fees: From £15,495
Age: 17 years and above
Academic: Completed 12 years of schooling with good grades
English language: IELTS 5.0 - 5.5 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 16, 2018