Progress to a wide variety of undergraduate degrees at the University of East Anglia, ranging from accounting and finance to history of art.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- A guaranteed route to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree at UEA (subject to meeting the specified entry requirements).
- You are a student of the University from day one, on a quality-assured, UEA-validated programme.
Course options available
- International Foundation (3 terms) - this is the standard option, suitable for most students.
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) - this option incorporates an additional term of intensive English language tuition at the beginning of the course, and English language entry requirements are lower.
Where will this programme take me?
Successful completion of the International Foundation leads to the award of International Foundation Certificate (RQF Level 3) from UEA.
Our progression guarantee:
We guarantee to find you a place to study on an appropriate degree and university if you successfully complete your International Foundation programme, follow professional advice offered by INTO staff and meet minimum attendance requirements.
As a successful pathway student, you’ll have access to a number of university progression options. Each progression option will follow a specific pathway and specific requirements for both English/study skills and overall grade. You’ll also find some courses have specific requirements, such as:
- successfully completing an interview;
- having previously studied a relevant discipline;
- having previously completed a degree; or
- having IELTS 6.0 or equivalent in English language.
Joint 16th in the UK for Economics
(The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017)
What is special about this programme?
The INTO UEA International Foundation programme is designed to improve your academic theory, intensive English language skills, and study and research abilities to prepare for undergraduate study at the University of East Anglia.
- university-style teaching with high contact hours and small class sizes
- a campus-based programme with access to world-class university facilities
- use your own business ideas to make real profits with real money
- work on a marketing strategy for the tourist industry
- media students can direct and star in their own TV commercial
You will receive advice and feedback during seminars and tutorials. Regular one-to-one meetings with your personal tutor will help you plan for future effective study, and answer any questions to ensure your academic success.
We also have an International Progression team, who will help with your application to the University of East Anglia and arrange visits to your future school of study so that you can learn more about your chosen degree programme.
Our experienced teachers will ensure you are exposed to the latest business developments and case studies which you will debate in class.
You will have the opportunity to work on a marketing strategy for the tourist industry after visiting a local heritage venue.
If you are interested in media, you can use your marketing knowledge taught in class to produce, direct and star in your own TV commercial.
Throughout your programme, you will have independent university-style research opportunities with tutorial support and feedback, and can further develop your employability and life skills by working towards a UEA Bronze, Silver or Gold Award.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first-year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme.
In some circumstances, you may be able to enrol on the International Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 - 4 terms (9 - 12 months)
Start dates: July, September, October, January
Fees: From £17,495
Age: 16 years and above
Academic: Completed 12 years of schooling with good grades
English language: IELTS 5.0 - 5.5 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 7, 2018