A quality assured course offering direct entry to the first year of your bachelor's degree at a leading university.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- a campus based programme with access to university facilities
- multiple start dates
There are two course options available:
- International Foundation (3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
Where will it take me?
Our progression guarantee:
We guarantee to find you a place to study on an appropriate degree and university if you successfully complete your International Foundation programme, follow professional advice offered by INTO staff and meet minimum attendance requirements.
As a successful pathway student, you’ll have access to a number of university progression options. Each progression option will follow a specific pathway and specific requirements for both English/study skills and overall grade. You’ll also find some courses have specific requirements, such as:
- successfully completing an interview;
- having previously studied a relevant discipline;
- having previously completed a degree; or
- having IELTS 6.0 or equivalent in English language.
14th in the UK for Biological Sciences
(The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017)
This course leads to the following undergraduate degrees at the University of Exeter:
College of Life and Environmental Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour
- MSci (Hons) Animal Behaviour
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry
- BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Biological and Medicinal Chemistry
- BSc (Hons) Conservation Biology and Ecology
- MSci (Hons) Conservation Biology and Ecology
- BSc (Hons) Evolutionary Biology
- MSci (Hons) Evolutionary Biology
- BSc (Hons) Zoology
- BA/BSc (Hons) Geography (Cornwall Campus)
- BA (Hons) Geography (Streatham Campus)
- BSc (Hons) Geography (Streatham Campus)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- MSci (Hons) Applied Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Science
- MSci (Hons) Environmental Science
- BSc (Hons) Exercise and Sport Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Marine Biology
- BA (Hons) Human Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Human Biosciences
- BSc (Hons) Applied Geology
- MGeol (Hons) Applied Geology
- BSc (Hons) Geology
- MGeol (Hons) Geology
- BSc (Hons) Engineering Geology and Geotechnics
- MGeol (Hons) Engineering Geology and Geotechnics
- BSc (Hons) Psychology with Sport and Exercise Science
- BSc (Hons) Natural Sciences
- MSci (Hons) Natural Sciences
What is special about the programme?
The Foundation leads to the award of the Foundation Certificate and combines academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree.
As well as a conditional offer from the University of Exeter for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree at the University of Exeter
- the highest levels of personal care and support
You'll receive support from your tutor on personal and academic issues, including advice on your studies. The International Liaison Office will help with your application to the University of Exeter and arrange visits to your academic college, so that you can learn more about your chosen degree programme.
You will benefit from science modules taught within our own modern laboratory in the INTO Centre, allowing you to carry out practical work and conduct experiments. Lessons include small group activities and giving presentations, and encourage you to question what you are taught. We have strong links with undergraduate courses across all three of the University’s campuses, and arrange visits to appropriate departments at the University throughout the year.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.
Key course facts
Course length: 3 or 4 terms (9 or 12 months)
Start dates: July, September, October and January
Fees: From £18,495
Leads to a degree in: Subjects such as biochemistry, psychology, biological sciences, exercise and sport sciences, medical sciences and zoology
Age: 17 years and above
Academic: Completed 12 years of schooling with good grades, including minimum Year 12 pass in maths
English language: IELTS 5.0 - 5.5 or equivalent
Don't meet the entry requirements? We also offer an Academic English course