Wiltshire Foundation Year
The Wiltshire International Foundation Year (IFY) is a one year pre-university programme, including a significant degree of English language teaching. The programme is designed to provide students with an entry route to UK university programmes and there are progression arrangements with over 30 UK universities.
The IFY aims to improve students general and academic English language ability, study skills and cultural understanding and introduce them to academic study in English in the fields of computing and/or business at a suitable level.
To complete the programme candidates must study and pass eight modules. The programme consists of the following six core modules:
- Developing English Language Skills
- Advanced English Language Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- Study and Communication Skills
- Culture Studies
- Foundation Mathematics
Students choose two of the following modules to make up to 8 in total:
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Accounting and Economics
Career prospects and opportunities
Students recenty completing this course have successfully progressed onto their chosen degree at some of the leading UK Universities as well as Deakin University (Australia) and Limkokwing Institute of Creative Technology (Malaysia)
Assessments for all modules will be offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year. The modules are all assessed by either examination or coursework assignments.
For entry onto the NCC Education IFY programme you must have:
- Successfully completed secondary education in an appropriate range of subjects;
- A valid score of 5.0 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination.
- A skype interview may be required
Students completing the IFY can progress to over 30 UK universities to a wide range of different undergraduate programmes. Please contact us for the full list of universities and for further details.
This school offers programs in: