On this programme, you will enter the International Foundation Year and are guaranteed progression to the first year of your chosen degree (if you meet the required criteria). Teaching takes place in the Global Study Centre (GSC) using dedicated lecturers who know the strengths and weaknesses of each student.
mnm.all / Unsplash
The educational aims of the programme element are to:
- Develop students’ fundamental knowledge and understanding of the relevant disciplinary elements in social sciences, humanities and culture and related fields.
- Develop in students a broad range of transferable academic literacy, research and analytical skills to succeed in undergraduate study.
- Ensure that students have attained the prescribed level of English language competency to succeed on specified University of Leicester undergraduate programmes in related fields.
- To prepare students to operate effectively and autonomously within the framework of higher education.
- Develop students’ graduate attributes to optimize future employability prospects in a global environment.
|Academic English and Skills||45|
|Introduction to Media and Communications||15|
|Introduction to English Law||15|
|Introduction to Sociology||15|
Teaching and Assessment
Teaching is delivered via a combination of small group lectures, group-based tutorial coursework (oral and written presentation), and assessment is via individual coursework (oral and written presentation) and examinations. You will be encouraged throughout the stage of the study to undertake independent study to supplement what is being taught/learnt and to broaden your personal knowledge.
In order to successfully progress onto the next stage of studies (Year 1), you will need to achieve the minimum pass mark across all modules of 50%.
Please visit the University of Leicester website for degree-specific information.
- Archaeology BA
- Ancient History and Archaeology BA
- Human Geography BA
- Geography BA
- History BA
- Contemporary History BA
- History and Politics BA
- History and American Studies BA
- History and Archaeology BA
- Ancient History and History BA
- Film Studies BA
- Film Studies and Media Studies BA
- History of Art BA
- English and French Law LLB/Maitrise
- Law LLB
- Law with Criminology LLB
- Criminology BSc
- Law with Politics LLB
- Law with a Modern Language LLB
- Media and Communications BA
- Media and Society BA
- European Studies BA
- French and Italian BA
- French and Spanish BA
- Italian and Spanish BA
- Modern Language Studies BA
- Modern Languages with Translation BA
- Modern Languages with Management BA
- Modern Languages with Film Studies BA
- Politics BA
- International Relations BA
- International Relations and History BA
- Politics and Sociology BA
- Psychology BSc
- Applied Psychology BSc
- Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience BSc
- Sociology BA
- Policing BSc
- IELTS 5.5
- 5.5 minimum in all bands
About the School
Based within easy walking distance of the University of Leicester campus, the Centre encourages development, nurtures confidence and supports the integration of each student into student life in the U ... Read More