On this programme, you will enter the International Foundation Year and are guaranteed progression to the first year of your chosen degree (if you meet the required criteria). Teaching takes place in the Global Study Centre (GSC) using dedicated lecturers who know the strengths and weaknesses of each student.
StartupStockPhotos / Pixabay
The educational aims of the programme element are to:
- Develop students’ fundamental knowledge and understanding of the relevant disciplinary elements in engineering and technology and related fields.
- Develop in students a broad range of transferable academic literacy, research and analytical skills to succeed in undergraduate study.
- Ensure that students have attained the prescribed level of English language competency to succeed on specified University of Leicester undergraduate programmes in related fields.
- To prepare students to operate effectively and autonomously within the framework of higher education.
- Develop students’ graduate attributes to optimize future employability prospects in a global environment.
|Academic English and Skills||45|
|Physics 1 and 2||30|
|Maths for Engineering 1 and 2||30|
Teaching and Assessment
Teaching is delivered via a combination of small group lectures, group-based tutorial coursework (oral and written presentation), and assessment is via individual coursework (oral and written presentation) and examinations. You will be encouraged throughout the stage of the study to undertake independent study to supplement what is being taught/learnt and to broaden your personal knowledge.
In order to successfully progress onto the next stage of studies (Year 1), you will need to achieve the minimum pass mark across all modules of 50%.
Please visit the University of Leicester website for degree-specific information.
- Aerospace Engineering BEng
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering BEng
- General Engineering BEng
- Mechanical Engineering BEng
- Aerospace Engineering MEng
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering MEng
- General Engineering MEng
- Mechanical Engineering MEng
- Geology BSc
- Geology with Palaeontology BSc
- Applied and Environmental Geology BSc
- Geology MGeol
- Geology with Palaeontology MGeol
- Applied and Environmental Geology MGeol
- Geology and Geophysics BSc
- Geology and Geophysics MGeol
- Computer Science MComp
- Computer Science BSc
- Software Engineering BSc
- Mathematics MMath
- Mathematics BSc
- Mathematics and Actuarial Science BSc
- Physics BSc
- Physics MPhys
- Physics and Astrophysics Bsc
- Physics and Astrophysics MPhys
- Physics with Space Science BSc
- Physics with Space Science MPhys
- Natural Sciences BSc
- IELTS 5.5
- 5.5 minimum in all bands
About the School
Based within easy walking distance of the University of Leicester campus, the Centre encourages development, nurtures confidence and supports the integration of each student into student life in the U ... Read More