The International Foundation Programme is a one-year academic programme designed to prepare you for undergraduate study in the UK. This programme provides academic preparation for first-year entry into university and ensures you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. The programme has two aspects:
English and Academic Studies:
Study alongside other international students to improve your English and gain the study skills you will need to succeed at university. Our specialist team of English language tutors will focus on:
- Academic grammar and vocabulary
- Research methods, analysing data and referencing
- Writing and note-taking, students will build a portfolio of academic writing tasks and essays throughout the year
- Participating in academic discussions and seminars
- Successful presentation skills
- Personal guidance and support through regular tutorials
- Exam preparation for students who need to improve their IELTS score for entrance to university
As an International student, you will study alongside British students for your chosen subject module. You can choose one of the following subjects:
- Business & Enterprise
- Business & Management
- Biomedical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Media, Literature & Culture
Successful completion of our International Foundation Programme will give you entry into a range of undergraduate degrees at British Universities.
City College students progress on to top universities including University of Leeds, University of Nottingham, University of Glasgow, University of Manchester, Goldsmiths and Central St Martins.
About the School
City College promises an excellent learning experience in a friendly, supportive atmosphere with a great community spirit and superb facilities which re-create real working environments.