This is a full-time course designed to prepare international students for direct entry to most British universities. These universities include Bristol, Bath, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds, Birmingham, Aston, Nottingham, York, Southampton, University College London, Salford and Queen Mary. It is usually delivered over one year. However, it can also be undertaken over 18 months or two years for those students who would suit a slower pace or have not studied at the equivalent of Level 3 (i.e. A-Level) before.
It is fully accredited by NCFE in line with UK Visa Immigration (UKVI) requirements.
Students have a choice of four pathways, each of which comprises Core Skills and Pathway Specific Modules:
Business Foundation Programme
Core Units (Mandatory)
- Key Skills Maths
- Research & Presentation Skills
Pathway Units (Select TWO options)
Option 1 – Business
- Business Start-up
- Business Planning
- Business Law
Option 2 – Economics
- Markets & Market Failure
- Managing the Economy
- The Global Economy
Option 3 – Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Further FInancial Accounting
Engineering Foundation Programme
Core Units (Mandatory) Key Skills Maths Advanced Maths Research & Presentation Skills ICT IELTS Pathway Units (Select ONE OR BOTH if IELTS is not required) Chemistry Physics
Medicine Foundation Programme
This programme has been recognised by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) as meeting the academic requirements for application to the MBBS (Medicine) programme at UCLan. This does not exempt applicant from any stage of the MBBS at UCLan admissions process.
If students have been offered a place on the UCLAN International Medical Programme, they MUST achieve at least 70% overall on the course and also achieve 7.0 in IELTS in all components.
The Medicine Foundation Programme comprises the following strands:-
- Advanced Mathematics
- A programme of support for medical applications
Please note the following important information:-
- The Programme is ONLY suitable for students who have undertaken at least one year equivalent of a Level 3 qualification already (e.g. the first year A-Level).
- Students MUST be at least 17 years old at the start of the academic year (i.e. 1st September) to qualify for the Programme.
- The Programme CAN OFFER an alternative route for students who have not achieved their potential in the first year of their Level 3 studies
- The Programme is NOT suitable for Medical Degrees other than the UCLAN Medical Degree Programme.
- If the grades to enter UCLAN ARE NOT achieved students can apply for degree courses including Medical Sciences at UCLAN along with Pharmacy, Biomedical Sciences or Health related courses at a range of other universities.
The enrolment date each year for the International Foundation Programme is September for either the One Year or Two Year Programme. If the 18 Month Programme is undertaken this would start in January each year. Please note that there is no 6 Month International Foundation Programme available.
Results and Destinations
Another outstanding set of examination results have been achieved by our Class of 2015 Foundation students. Around 85% of the students secured places onto their first choice degree course at their first choice university.
About the School
We are a non-selective, co-educational, independent college in the heart of Manchester city centre. Most of our 220 students study A-levels, GCSEs or on our International Foundation Programme. In our ... Read More