International Diploma in Web Design is designed to ensure your potential employers that you are an expert in developing high performance websites providing great UX (user experience) through highly interactive pages in data-driven environment.
This diploma course will give you
- an understanding of different types of software systems used in business
- ability to work with other people in a team, communicating computing ideas effectively
- skills in analyzing, designing, developing, and implementing of complex data-driven websites
- a basis for going on to further study in computing, or for finding work in computing-related industries
C1104 - Mathematics for Computing
This module is designed to introduce the students with fundamental concept of Mathematics used in computing. The module will cover number systems, set theories, mathematical inductions, algebra and calculus and probability.
C1105 - Programming – Algorithms and Data Structure
This module is designed to introduce students with Java programming language and concept of object oriented programming. Students will learn about importance of data structures and associated algorithms to work with abstract data types.
C2104 - Web and Multimedia Design
This module is designed to provide the students with hands-on experience of developing a multimedia web site using industrial standard development tools, such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Flash. Student will be learning how to integrate Photoshop images and Flash movies, audios and videos into a web site.
C2202 - Database Design and Implementation
This module is designed to provide students with concept of relational models and to be able to design a proper database using appropriate tools.
B2203 - Business Communications
This module lets students study the principles of effective written and oral business communications. Emphasis is placed on the composition and formatting of business correspondence, including good/routine news, bad news, and persuasive messages.
C2209 - Interactive Web Interfaces
This module is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills to design and develop interactive user interfaces for web applications. The module will introduce students with jQuery and its applications in web development.
C2207 - Web Programming
This module is designed into two parts. The first part is to introduce the students with basic C# programming and the second part is for web programming in ASP.Net.
C2208 - E-Commerce – Principles and Technologies
This module is designed introduce students with business aspect of electronic commerce as well as infrastructure needs of it. The module discusses social aspect of electronic commerce and touch on security issues in running e-commerce sites.
- Minimum 75% attendance for Local/ PR & Non Student Pass Holders
- Minimum 90% attendance for International Student
- Must pass all the examinations and assessments for all modules
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded Genetic Computer School International Diploma in Web Design
Upon completion, students can advance to Genetic Computer School International Higher Diploma
Web Designer, Web/Graphic Designer, Web Programmer
This school offers programs in:
You must complete Eight Modules (32 Credits) to complete this diploma
Cost & Fees
The course fees are due, and is payable as full payment or in (2) installments
Application Fee – (Non-Refundable)
- Local Student – S$ 50
- International Student – S$ 150
(For Foreigner PR/ EmploymentPass/ other passes)
|-||Amount (S$)||Amount (S$)|
|FPS Processing Fee||150||150|
- 2 GCE “A” levels
- 11 years of general education or equivalent
- Certificate in Information Technology (Awarded by Genetic Computer School)
- Grade C6 at GCE O level English or equivalent
- IELTS 5.5 or
- TOEFL 525 (Paper base) or 196 (Computer base)
Last updated May 25, 2016