International Diploma in Software Development is designed to provide you with knowledge and skills necessary to be a software developer, system analyst, database designer or database administrator. You will learn how to develop a software application systemtically starting from requirement analysis to implementation.
This diploma course will give you
- an understanding of different types of software systems used in business
- skills in the most widely used approach to software construction – Object Oriented design including analysis and specification, testing and maintenance
- ability to work with other people in a team, communicating computing ideas effectively
- a basis for going on to further study in computing, or for finding work in computing-related industries.
Mathematics for Computing
This module is designed to introduce the students with fundamental concept of Mathematics used in computing. The module will cover number systems, set theories, mathematical inductions, algebra and calculus and probability.
C1105 - Programming – Algorithms and Data Structure
This module is designed to introduce students with Java programming language and concept of object oriented programming. Students will learn about importance of data structures and associated algorithms to work with abstract data types.
C2104 - Web and Multimedia Design
This module is designed to provide the students with hands-on experience of developing a multimedia web site using industrial standard development tools, such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Flash. Student will be learning how to integrate Photoshop images and Flash movies, audios and videos into a web site.
C2202 - Database Design and Implementation
This module is designed to provide students with concept of relational models and to be able to design a proper database using appropriate tools.
B2203 - Business Communications
This module lets students study the principles of effective written and oral business communications. Emphasis is placed on the composition and formatting of business correspondence, including good/routine news, bad news, and persuasive messages.
C2201 - System Analysis and Design
This module allows students a chance to conduct a simple system development by following the phases of SDLC. This module will provide to students solid foundation on user’s and systems documentation to make systems/software design be marketable and used.
C2205 - Object Oriented Design
This module lets students grasp the concepts of Object-Oriented design and to apply it when designing and implementing system programs which may run in various languages.
C2206 - C# Programming
This module is designed to equip the students with object oriented programming language so as to be able to apply OO concepts into programming.
- Minimum 75% attendance for Local/ PR & Non Student Pass Holders
- Minimum 90% attendance for International Student
- Must pass all the examinations and assessments for all modules
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded Genetic Computer School International Diploma in Software Development
Upon completion, students can advance to Genetic Computer School International Higher Diploma
Software Engineer, Software Developer, Application and Database Specialist, Application Support
This school offers programs in:
You must complete Eight Modules (32 Credits) to complete this diploma
Cost & Fees
The course fees are due, and is payable as full payment or in (2) installments
Application Fee – (Non-Refundable)
- Local Student – S$ 50
- International Student – S$ 150
(For Foreigner PR/ EmploymentPass/ other passes)
|-||Amount (S$)||Amount (S$)|
|FPS Processing Fee||150||150|
- 2 GCE “A” levels
- 11 years of general education or equivalent
- Certificate in Information Technology (Awarded by Genetic Computer School)
- Grade C6 at GCE O level English or equivalent
- IELTS 5.5 or
- TOEFL 525 (Paper base) or 196 (Computer base)
Last updated May 25, 2016