International Business Global Career Program + Internship 2020 - Prague
Comprehensive knowledge of one’s field is essential, but true business leaders need to be able to apply that knowledge in practice. By teaching them to move from theory to practice, our goal is to provide ECCEDU graduates with an extra advantage and help them stand out from their peers.
We want ECCEDU students to experience work in the field of international business transactions, and further, enhance their skills by focusing both on their personal and professional development. Topics covered during our program are carefully selected every year to match the ever-changing world of business.
Traditionally, our Global Career Summer Programs opens with a Welcome Gala evening for ECCEDU students, which provides an opportunity to meet inspiring people who contribute to the ECCEDU community as well as students from other fields of studies (International Business and Law).
General Structure of the Program
Part I - Lectures (3 weeks, July 6 to July 24)
The lectures are undertaken over a period of 3 weeks.
Learning the current trends
- The schedule is annually updated to provide the most relevant, practical, and core topics in your field.
Experiencing the “real deal”
- Guided study tours are organized in leading companies and institutions of your field.
Learning from the masters
- All of our lecturers are experts or pioneers in their field. They will engage with students during three weeks of intensive lectures. The scope of the lecture’s ranges from the essentials of business and commerce to insights into current and future trends. ECCEDU lecturers are experienced representatives from leading companies, both in the Czech Republic and worldwide.
Part II - Internships (4 weeks, July 27 to August 21)
- After the three weeks of lectures, students take part in a 4-week-long internship. Students can choose an internship in one of the partner companies located in various European cities. The internship opportunities range from the largest international companies to smaller and more specialized ones. The internship company is chosen by each student depending on their academic performance during the first half of the program.
- Students work under the supervision and guidance of senior company representatives. The scope of work done by our students during their internships typically includes the practical side of office work, such as research, translations, drafting of documents, writing of memoranda, attending meetings, etc.
Securing your future
- A Reference letter will be issued by the internship company to improve your opportunities in the job market. Our partners range from large international companies to small local start-ups. Our partners are for example T-Mobile, UniCredit Bank, ExxonMobil, Hamleys or EYE LEVEL.
We offer a wide range of activities during your stay. Our staff arranges various team-building events throughout the lecture period (first month) of the Summer Program. The goal is to engage students in various free-time activities and introduce them to European culture in an entertaining and intelligible way. We organise escape games, karaoke sessions, laser games and barbecues, go sightseeing in Prague and discover traditional products and shop for souvenirs. Trips around the Czech Republic and abroad are also organised: in the past, students have gone to Český Krumlov, Kutná Hora, Vienna and Berlin.
Graduation & Certificates & Reference Letter
Following the completion of lectures, the ECCEDU team will hold an informal certificate awarding ceremony where you will be awarded the ECCEDU Graduation Certificate.
By the end of the internship, you will have the chance to get a reference letter/recommendation letter from your internship company, which is valuable for your future job application.
Here is a quick refresh of what you’ll definitely get out of the program:
- A chance to make your CV shine
- A recommendation letter
- A completion certificate
- Practical experience in a real work environment
- Improved language, social and communication skills
- Our expertise in your field
- Over 300 companies to choose from
- International professional contacts
- New friends and the experience of different cultures
- A chance to live and work in a foreign country for the summer
- An Evening Gala with inspiring people
- Friends from all over the world
About the School
European Centre for Career Education provides practical education in a form of unique summer programs in the fields of Law, International Business and Architecture. Our goal is to educate young and ta ... Read More