Interior Design is an exciting and dynamic industry which brings together spatial design for living, working and leisure environments.
We offer the stepping-stones to a career in the interior design industry, with introductory courses at level 1 and moving through Diplomas at level 2 and 3, and on towards Higher Education. You can also select to study shorter courses in essential areas such as CAD and Technical Drawing.
Current students describe the experience of studying Interior Design at Kensington and Chelsea College as ‘Easy to follow, engaging visually and verbally, excellent, informative, and professional.’ Our team of experienced teaching staff will support you and guide you throughout your course.
Creativity is at the centre of what we do, with practical studio activity including experimental sketchbook work, constructing spatial models with expressive materials and generating drawings and images to communicate your ideas. Interior design is also a precise and technical subject, where scale drawing, perspective visuals and use of CAD software such as Sketchup, PhotoShop and Vectorworks, are all part of a very contemporary and innovative profession. Learning takes you outside the class, with real projects, visits and contact with London’s design professionals.
Design students at Kensington and Chelsea College achieve great success, with many gaining employment and up to 95% who apply to university are offered places.
This 5 week course is for learners wanting to learn more about 2D Vectorworks. You should have completed the Beginner’s course in Vectorworks, have technical drawing skills and computer literacy already in place. Each 2.5-hour session will cover the following:
- Session 1:
- Overview – Setting up a drawing – units, scale, paper, pens, palettes, saving and 2D CAD drawing tools selection and line tool
- Create and edit 2D objects
- Session 2: Create complex objects and work with the attributes tool
- Session 3: Floor plan drawing and working with layers
- Session 4: Set up a section drawing, add colour and figures
- Session 5: Complete floor plan and section drawing
- Campus: Kensington Centre
- Times: Mon 18:30 - 21:00 OR
- Times: Tue 18:30 - 21:00