Intensive Program in Interior Design
‘Learning by Designing’ is how Domus Academy will boost your career. Not only it is a place where the designers of tomorrow can produce wonders and surprises, it is also a place where students can discover new realities and invent professional trajectories aligned with tomorrow’s market demands.
WHY Domus Academy
- Experience Milano, World Capital of Fashion and Design
- Design your Master in a highly ranked Academy offering a globally recognized degree
- Improve your knowledge and know-how thanks to real projects
- Build your own Multicultural and Global Network
- Boost your career with our unique Professional Experience
The Intensive Program is addressed to candidates from diverse backgrounds, career changers, including ones without any design background, to enable them to experiment and master the basic tools of the Interior Design and Styling industry.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required for the admission.
- Certificate of English language (IELTS 5.0 Academic on entry)
- The Intensive Program is open also to candidates with some university level education (+2/3 years) or related professional experience (+2/3 years) to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Program Leader.
Domus Academy’s Intensive Program in Interior Design will teach you the fundamentals of interior design theory and practice. The program consists of five modules, each of which lasts six weeks. Modules 1 and 2 are lecture-based and focus on design culture and basic design principles. Modules 3, 4, and 5 are workshop-based and center on design practice and execution.
In the design practice modules, you will work in groups, guided by faculty who are professionals in the field. In Modules 3 and 4, groups apply key methodologies and tools to develop both small- and large-scale interior design projects, from planning space layout to selecting furniture and lighting. At the beginning of each module, your group will receive a conceptual brief of your project. Midway through the module, faculty will review your group’s process, research, and project development. In Module 5, groups apply new visualization and presentation skills to create a final project and present it to the class.
Module 1: Design Foundation I (6 weeks, lecture-based)
- Design Culture I
- Basic Design I
- Design Prototyping
Module 2: Design Foundation II (6 weeks, lecture-based)
- Design Culture II
- Basic Design II
- CMF (colors, material, and finishing) Design
Module 3: Design Practice and Prototyping (6 weeks, workshop-based)
- Graphic Communication
- Advanced Design I
- Digital Design Prototyping
Module 4: Design Practice and Communication (6 weeks, workshop-based)
- Interior Styling and Visual Merchandising
- Advanced Design II
- Interior Lighting
Module 5: Final Design Execution (6 weeks, workshop-based)
- Portfolio Construction
- Final Group Project (conceptual proposal)
In the Intensive Program in Interior Design, you will gain basic knowledge about interior design methodologies, techniques, software, and materials. You will practice the principal steps of the design process: defining the problem, conducting research, clarifying the concept, analyzing the market, and planning and executing the design. You will also gain new skills for communicating and presenting your ideas and solutions. Upon completion of the certificate, you will be ready to assume an entry-level position in interior design or to transfer your expertise into other fields.
Students will learn from international and recognized professionals who work with leading brands and studios around the world, such as:
- The Program Leader of the Master in Business Design is Aoi Hasegawa.
Several prestigious companies and design studios will collaborate with the Intensive Program in Interior Design. Students will have the opportunity to work directly with companies in their workshop projects.
- Domus Academy application form
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Motivation statement
- Portfolio of projects (optional*)
- Copy of passport
- Certificate of English language: minimum entry level requirement IELTS 5.0 Academic
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated in English language
- Academic transcript of previous studies translated in English language (listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits and short description of each subject’s program)
- Documentation regarding further courses or seminars attended (if available)
- Receipt of application fee payment (100 EUR)
*Should you have one, please attach it: it will help us to better evaluate your application
Cost & Fees
EU countries and Switzerland: 17.000 €
non-EU students: 17.000 €
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 23, 2017