The Intensive Plus Examination Preparation is for students who wish to supplement their General English Course with extra classes to prepare for the TOEFL or IELTS examination in small groups in the afternoon. The minimum level of English required for participation in this course is Intermediate and the examination fee is not included in the course fee. Afternoon classes have a maximum of 8 students and a minimum number of 2 students is required to run the course.
- 20 x 60 minute group lessons each week in the mornings.
- 6 x 60 minute small-group preparation classes in the afternoons.
A good Intermediate level of English is required.
Minimum Course Duration
For course dates please see the Price List or contact the institute. Please note that the examination fee is not included in the programme fee and the examination is subject to availability and must be booked separately providing all the necessary documentation.
The Intensive Course is designed for students aged 17+
Average Number of Students per class
8-10 per class in the mornings (depending on the time of year).
Maximum class size
14 in the mornings and 8 in the afternoons.
Courses are held year-round in Palmerston Park and Milltown Park. During the summer months, this course may be held at one of our summer centres.
Testing and Placement
Students are given an oral and written test on the first day of their course and placed in a class appropriate to their level of English. Students’ progress is monitored on an ongoing basis and their class level is adjusted accordingly.
Students attending this Course can prepare for the following examinations: TOEFL and IELTS. All Examinations are subject to availability and payment of the appropriate fee.
We use the most up-to date textbooks and teaching materials. Textbooks are not included in the course fee. Students can purchase textbooks from the school or from recommended bookstores in the city centre. Textbooks cost approximately €35. We can include the cost of a first book in your invoice on request.
Please check availability with the Institute before confirming any courses. Once the booking is confirmed students can begin their course on any Monday morning at 09.00am.
What is included in the course fee?
- Written and oral placement test
- Tuition (60 minutes per lesson)
- Interesting and stimulating supplementary course materials
- Use of multi-media facilities and free WiFi
- Ongoing support and monitoring by class teachers and Director of Studies
- Regular seminars such as “Living and Working in Ireland” and “CV Preparation and Interviews”
- Rich and varied Social Programme
- Diploma on completion of course with personalised student report
- Welcome Kit with guides and maps and student handbook
- Exclusive access to Emerald student website with information, interactive presentations and free learning resources
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017