American Language & Culture
Improve your written and conversational English skills while experiencing the excitement and culture of Washington, D.C. Designed for students with intermediate- or advanced-level English proficiency, our American Language & Culture program combines classroom instruction, language lab work, conversation workshops, and cultural excursions into an immersive four-week learning experience. By the end of the program, you'll have not only advanced English language skills but also a deeper understanding of American lifestyles and culture.
- Ideal for Intermediate to advanced proficiency
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Tuition: $2,667
- Schedule: Full-time Monday–Friday
- Program Start: January
- Visa Support: Yes
- Introduction to American culture.
- Field trips and activities throughout Washington, D.C.
- Morning classes focusing on listening and speaking skills.
- Afternoon classes focusing on cross-cultural communication.
Weekly Events and Workshops
- University Application Workshops
- These consist of information sessions and individual counseling for students planning to apply to U.S. colleges and universities; students will identify appropriate colleges, write personal statements, and gather and submit required documents to complete the application process
- Pronunciation Workshops
- Practice in the sounds and rhythms of English
- Writing Workshops
- Work on specific writing needs
- Social Hour
- Students and faculty gather for conversation at this popular weekly event hosted by the EFL office
- Conversational English partners
- Access to D.C. cultural activities
- Special guest lecture series
About the School
Georgetown University's School of Continuing Studies (SCS) offers graduate programs in professional and liberal studies, more than 30 professional certificate programs, custom and corporate training a ... Read More