Welcome to the Intensive English Language Program! We are on the beautiful campus of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. We offer intensive English classes for non-native English speakers who want to study at UA Little Rock, and for those who just want to improve their English.
- Spring, Summer and Fall Semesters
- Three levels from beginner to university preparation
- IELP completion fulfills the English language proficiency requirement for undergraduate admission to UA Little Rock (no TOEFL/IELTS necessary)
- 16 weeks per course for Fall and Spring semesters (280 hours of instruction each semester)
- 10 weeks per course for Summer semesters (275 hours of instruction)
- Full-time tuition is $4800 USD per semester
- Student health insurance is $500 for students with F-1, J-1, or M-1 visas
- University facilities included (gym, library, student center)
- Free bus transportation on Rock Region Metro with UA Little Rock student ID card
On the day you start your program, you will attend registration in the morning. In the afternoon, you will take a placement test. This test will place you in one of three levels, based on your fluency and language needs:
- Foundations – basic vocabulary and grammar, conversational speaking, reading short articles, writing sentences and paragraphs.
- Intermediate – beginning research, writing essays, reading longer stories and books, more complex grammar, longer conversations, formal presentations.
- Pre-University/Test Preparation – academic research, reading, and writing; listening to news and lectures; formal presentations and debate; preparation for university-level standardized language tests.
All classes will include listening, speaking, reading, writing, pronunciation, and grammar. The goal of the program is to help you improve your English skills for the purposes of daily life and enrolling in university classes. In addition to your classes, you can meet Americans and practice your English on trips and special activities.
When you complete this program and graduate from the highest level, you will not have to take the TOEFL or any other language test in order to be admitted to UA-Little Rock as an undergraduate student.
How does the application process work?
- First, submit your IELP application and all the necessary documents. (See below.)
- Next, IELP will issue an admission letter and send it to International Student Services.
- Finally, International Student Services will issue an I-20 and ship it to you.
Note: It may take IELP and International Student Services 2-3 weeks to process your application, sometimes more in busy periods. Please allow for this in your planning.
Where can I get an IELP application?
- Online application form
- What documents do I need to submit with my IELP application?
- Copy of your Passport Information page
- Financial guarantee
- Current I-20 or DS-2019 if you are transferring from another U.S. university
What else do I need to know?
- The form is called the “Immigration Verification Form” but it is also the IELP application.
- *IELP no longer uses a paper application form. You must fill out the online form. If you are having trouble with the online form, please contact us.
What if I need to change my application to a later semester?
If you received admission, but you can’t come until a later semester, you can contact us to fill out a Deferral Form.
About the School
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a metropolitan research university that provides an accessible, quality education through flexible learning and unparalleled internship opportunities. At U ... Read More