Aim of the Course
The aim of the Instrument Rating training course is to train a candidate to the level of proficiency required for the issue of an instrument rating. An Instrument Rating is required for a pilot to fly under instrument flight rules (IFR).
Syllabus of the Course
- Theoretical Knowledge : 210 hours
- Flying Training : 50 hours
- Duration of the Course : 17 weeks
Structure of the Course
The IR (H) course is a full time training program, the syllabus covers the following subjects:
- Air Law
- Radio Navigation
- Human Performance
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- AGK Instruments
- Flight Planning
- Operational Procedures
- A valid UAE PPL or CPL of which a Night Qualification must be held
- A valid UAE GCAA class 1 or 2 medical certificate as appropriate
- Proficiency in English is expected - ICAO Level 3 before commencing the course and ICAO Level 4 at license issue.
- 50 flight hours cross country flight time as pilot in command
About the School
Based at Al Ain International Airport and purpose built for flight training, Horizon International Flight Academy has set the benchmark for pilot training in the Middle East.