Using CAD systems has sensibly increased the speed and reliability of pattern making.
The industrial CAD pattern maker course will improve your skills without losing the beauty of making and placing patterns in the traditional way.
This specialization programme is specifically designed for professionals and apprentices who want to learn CAD pattern making for the textile industry.
Your Academic Journey
Things you will learn
You will learn how to use a set of software to manage the whole production process of clothing, from pattern design to manufacturing:
- LECT, software that collects all the basic information of patterns
- PGS to draw and develop the single parts of a pattern
- GENMA is a consultation database of all the existing parts
- MARKA helps to place patterns more effectively
- PLOT WIN is a plotter controlling system
- WINTRO manages the machines queue
Experience, work and learn
Our teaching method stimulates engagement and active learning. Students can experience and learn in an ever moving open lab, with actual projects and role-playing activities. 30% Lectures, classroom activities, reading, and studying, 70% Practice, labs, creation and presentation of personal projects, workshops.
- 30% of Lectures, classroom activities, reading and studying
- 70% Hands-on activities, workshops, production and presentation of personal projects, workshops
Your future after the Academy
An increasing number of clothing companies and fashion houses are adopting CAD systems for pattern making, resulting in an increasing demand for industrial CAD pattern makers.
After the course, we will support you in the placement phase, by arranging internships in partner companies.
About the School
IUAD educational offer focuses on the qualities of excellence that characterize our institution, since its foundation in the '60: the strong technical component, developed over years of collaboration ... Read More