CAE Gondia offers a focused 19 month programme designed to prepare you to become a professional airline pilot. All courses meet International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) syllabus standards. Upon successful completion, you will have obtained all appropriate ab-initio ratings including your Commercial Pilot License (CPL) with Instrument Rating (IR) and Multi-Engine Rating (ME).
You will be trained using best practices developed from CAE's extensive experience in training professional pilots throughout CAE's worldwide training centre network, where tens of thousands of airline and business aviation pilots train every year.
Phase 1: Ground School
The first four months of training are dedicated to studying aviation theory and gaining a solid comprehension of both maths and physics. This phase is delivered by our experienced ground school instructors in fully air-conditioned, modern classrooms.
Ground school subjects include:
- Air regulations
- Radio transmission
- Navigation training
- General technical training
- Aircraft-specific technical training (for our DA 40 and DA 42 aircraft)
Sound knowledge of maths and physics, particularly the following subjects, will help you master your ground school:
- Basic trigonometry
- Ratios and proportion
- Basic algebra
- Properties of a circle
- Time/speed/distance calculations
- Equations of motion
- Newton's laws
- Equation of continuity
- Bernoulli's theorem
Our instructors will prepare you for the mandatory Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) examinations. The exams will be taken according to the DGCA schedule and spread out over the whole course of your training programme.
Phase 2: Flight Training
This is what you really come to flight school for. You'll take off with our experienced flight instructors in our new Diamond trainer aircraft. And when you land after your first solo flight, it's a rush you'll never forget.
Flight training is divided into various lesson elements, and you will fly approximately 200 hours during your time in Gondia:
- 185 hours on single-engine DA40 CS
- 15 hours on multi-engine DA42
Candidates who are successful through the application stage will be invited to attend our Assessment Session.
This process comprises two stages:
Selection Phase 1: Simulator Assessment at NFTI Campus
Applicants who are successful at phase 1 will proceed on to phase 2.
Selection Phase 2: Interview
Candidates will perform an interview at one of our training centres across India.
Successful candidates will be notified personally.
- Aged between 17 to 32 years old and of Indian nationality, or hold an Overseas Citizenship of India
- Be at least 5 feet 2 inches tall
- Have completed 10 + 2 in Physics, Maths and English from a recognised board or university (or await 10 + 2/NIOS results)
- Produce a valid DGCA-issued Class 1 medical certificate with no limitations (prior to starting course)
- Have a Unique-I.D. registration number (U-I.D.) at the time of admission