CAE Oxford Aviation Academy Gondia offers a focused 19 month program designed to prepare you to become a professional airline pilot. All courses meet International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) syllabus standards. Upon successful completion, you will have obtained all appropriate ab-initio ratings including your Commercial Pilot License (CPL) with Instrument Rating (IR) and Multi-Engine Rating (ME).
You will be trained using best practices developed from CAE's extensive experience in training professional pilots -- throughout the CAE Oxford Aviation Academy network as well as CAE's worldwide training centre network where tens of thousands of airline and business aviation pilots train every year.
Phase One: Ground School
The first four months of training are dedicated to studying aviation theory and gaining a solid comprehension of both maths and physics. This phase is delivered by our experienced ground school instructors in fully air-conditioned, modern classrooms.
Our instructors will prepare you for the mandatory Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) examinations. The exams will be taken according to the DGCA schedule and spread out over the whole course of your training program.
Phase two: Flight Training
This is what you really come to flight school for. You'll take off with our experienced flight instructors in our new Diamond trainer aircraft. And when you land after your first solo flight, it's a rush you'll never forget.
Flight training is divided into various lesson elements, and you will fly approximately 200 hours during your time in Gondia:
- 185 hours on single-engine DA40 CS
- 15 hours on multi-engine DA42
- Aged between 17 and 32 years old
- Be at least 5 feet 2 inches tall
- Have completed 10 + 2 in Physics, Maths and English from a recognised board or university (or await 10 + 2/NIOS* results);
- Produce a valid DGCA**-issued Class 1 medical certificate with no limitations (prior to starting course)
- Have a Unique-I.D. registration number (U-I.D.) at the time of admission
This school offers programs in: