Three weeks of theoretical and practical lessons carried out by professional teachers to learn the art of making Italian ice cream and strategies to open a store. Possibility to carry out a training period at selected artisans
ICIF has created the Academic Laboratory of Master ice cream makers, giving rise to a new training programme: the Ice-cream Course. The course consists of a training programme which integrates both theory and the practical skills necessary to join a profession which gives endless satisfaction, as well as personal and professional growth within a trade which is a genuine Italian tradition. A profession which is in great demand both in Italy and abroad. The Course is in Italian language and teachers are supported by an interpreter in English language.
Minimum number of participants: 12.
The Course has a total duration of 8 weeks:
- 3 weeks of theoretical and practical lessons at the Institute
- 5 weeks of internship (optional) at ice cream parlours previously selected by the Institute, members of the Academic Laboratory of Master ice cream makers
Those who can enroll are:
- Italian and foreign professionals of food and wine
- Italian and foreign food lovers and enthusiasts
- Ice Cream: theoretical notions
- Ice Cream and its origins
- Ice Cream: artisan and business management
- Hygiene and HACCP: comprehension and study of health and sanitary regulations and food legislation
- Marketing and Management of an enterprise: an entrepreneurial approach
- Design of the Laboratory: study and analysis of three types of premises in order to identify different business categories
- The Retail Outlet: the takeaway area, the area with table service, integrated ice cream (coffee shop, patisserie)
- The components of Ice Cream
- Detailed topics
- Practical techniques of specialization
Professional Intership (optional)
The student can choose whether to continue the programme of the Course by carrying out a period of internship lasting a total of 1 month (5 weeks) at ice-cream parlours, previously selected by the Institute, members of the Academic Laboratory of Master Ice Cream Makers.
For the Ice-cream parlours who are unable to provide lodgings it will be at the discretion of the student to choose another Ice-cream parlour, otherwise the school can be of assistance to find alternative accommodation, which will be at the student’s expense together with meals.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 2, 2017