Getting Started in becoming a great coach
If you are new to coaching or looking to broaden your change leadership skills, exploring coaching for the first time and want to experience the benefits of using a coaching style, then this is the course for you. You will find that you change your approach at work and home and become more effective with a wider choice of actions.
For the fully taught program there are 4 days of classroom work covering units:
D3.01 Understanding good practice in workplace coaching
- Describe the role, responsibilities, and characteristics of the effective workplace coach
- Describe the range of appropriate behaviors for a coach to use to demonstrate respect for learner’s views and attitudes, promote equality of opportunity and avoid abusing their relationship with others
- Explain how appropriate assessment tools can be used to identify a person’s learning needs and learning styles or preferences
- Explain the importance of agreeing on appropriate learning outcomes for workplace coaching activities
- Explain how the agreed learning outcomes and a person’s learning styles or preferences should be used to determine an appropriate coaching style
- Recognise any potential barriers to achieving the planned outcomes of coaching in the workplace and explain suitable strategies to overcome these barriers
- Assess own ability to use a variety of interpersonal communication strategies and give effective feedback to learners on their performance in order to coach them in the workplace
D3.02 Organising workplace coaching
- Considering the context of coaching at work
- The pre-requisites for an ideal Coaching Environment
- Risk Assessment
- Monitoring and Assessment
D3.03 Undertaking supervised coaching in the workplace
Post the four days of training you will be required to build up a coaching log of 6 hours work based coaching. Along the journey to achieving the award, you will receive 121 coaching tutorials and "supervised sessions" from a dedicated tutor.
The most cost-effective delivery is through an "in-house" program tailored to your specific needs.