One of the main responsibilities of a manager is to make sure that employees are satisfied with their job and reaching their full potential. A manager who can energise his or her employees will have a team which has a much greater potential and capability of achieving company goals and objectives. It is therefore vital that a manager has the essential skills to fully support and lead their team to success.
This programme brings together the key leadership skills that you will need to be an effective manager so that you can return to the workplace and deliver tangible results.
Classroom & Self-study
- 3 Days of Classroom Training
- Expert Tutors
- Lunch and Refreshments
- Fast Achievement of Qualification
- Prices From £882 + vat
Online & Distance Learning
- Spread Over Approx. 12 Months
- Work at Your Own Pace
- Unlimited Tutor Support
- Online Submission of Work
- Prices From £680 + vat
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions
- What is a problem?
- How to identify a problem, its nature, scope and impact
- Identifying the root cause
- Understanding how to interpret information to solve a problem
- What is involved in making an informed decision?
- Generate ideas/solutions- creative thinking techniques
- How to evaluate your options
- Finding the critical path
- Having the confidence to commit to a decision
- Planning approach
- Communicating the decision
- Implementing the plan
- What is leadership?
- Recognise the differences and similarities between leadership and management
- Qualities and skills of a leader
- Action Centered Leadership - Team, Task, Individual - John Adair
- Varying leadership styles
- Evaluating a range of leadership models and their significance for: Task, Performance, Culture, Relationships
- Reflect on your own leadership styles and behaviours
- Create an action plan to enhance your performance
Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace
- Identify what is effective communication
- Understand the importance of effective communication at work
- Recognise the different ways we communicate
- Recognise possible barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Johari's window - communication flows
- How others will perceive and interpret the information you have provided
- Active listening
- Developing questioning skills
- Understanding the significance of non-verbal communication and body language
- Developing sensory acuity and how to use it effectively in the workplace
In-House ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management Courses
As well as being one of our most popular open courses, we frequently run the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management as an in-house programme for companies and organisations who wish to develop a number of their managers at the same time and find an in-house course at their own premises much more suitable. We can also conduct an exclusive course at one of our training venues for your managers if that would be more convenient.
If you would like to discuss how we can tailor this management training course for you and/or run it at your premises, please call us on 0844 800 3295 or submit a brief description of your training requirements through an online contact form and we will get back to you.
Program taught in: