IELTS Exam Preparation
English Training Lounge delivers IELTS Academic & General Exam preparation training for education, for immigration
English Training Lounge - The Professional's Choice
IELTS, or 'International English Language Testing System', is an international standardized English language proficiency test for non-native speakers wishing to emigrate, work or study in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, The United Kingdom & Ireland or The USA. Added to this, many colleges, training institutions and universities in countries such as The United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Pakistan and India all require a set IELTS band score to study at their respective establishments.
The IELTS exams, Academic and General were founded in 1989 and both are jointly managed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, the British Council and IDP Education Pvt. Ltd.
The IELTS General is mainly for those wishing to emigrate or work in one of the English speaking countries above. The IELTS Academic is for those wishing to study at college or university in one of the above countries mentioned.
As with all ETL courses, we offer flexible training times, including evenings and weekends if needed.
The ETL IELTS Exam Preparation course focuses on what the actual IELTS exams entail and which areas to target when preparing for the exams. As with all IELTS exam preparation courses we at English Training Lounge believe, 'Repartition is the mother of skill!' Practice, practice and more practice is the only real way to score high band grades in both the Academic and the General IELTS exams. IELTS is about showing the examiner that you understand and know how to use English at a competent level. It is not about showing what you have learner or what you have studied. There are set rules to the exam and a set format that all must follow.
COURSE OUTLINE: The ETL IELTS Exam Preparation courses are as follows:
- Introduce students to and familiarize them with the format and content of IELTS
- Equip students with effective skills and strategies needed to undertake the IELTS test with confidence
- Provide material for practice in all areas of the test
- Administer practice tests with individual feedback and advice from teacher
- Apply reading techniques to scan and skim texts quickly, and to find the main points
- Produce formal, academic writings which are clear, organized and concise
- Apply different listening techniques to cope with a variety of situations
- Speak with greater accuracy and fluency
- Manage time effectively in the IELTS test
About the School
At English Training Lounge we understand that the modern world does not stop simply because we need it to! This is why ETL offers an English language school that is as flexible as you need it to be. W ... Read More