A great option if you are looking to study at a UK University.
IELTS is an internationally recognised English language exam. Most of our students studying for IELTS go on to complete undergraduate or postgraduate courses at universities in the UK or in other English-speaking countries.
IELTS Exam Preparation includes:
- Celtic Online account
- First day placement test and induction
- Guided city tour of Cardiff
- Free Internet access
- Free mineral water
- Progress reports
- Help and advice with further study
- Homework and weekly assignments
- End of course report
- Celtic English Academy certificate showing your attendance record (min 80%) and level
We welcome students from 16 to 60+ to learn English on any of our adult courses. We have over 40 different nationalities studying with us every year and small class sizes of a maximum of just 10 students per class. Did you know that 98% of Celtic students would recommend us to their friends and family?
IELTS Exam Preparation description
Our IELTS Exam Preparation courses are designed as a progression path for learners who wish to advance their skills and knowledge of Academic English. We provide you with strategies for dealing with each aspect of the IELTS examination and we prepare you to sit the exam externally. We can also help you book an IELTS examination at our local test centre in Cardiff or elsewhere in the UK.
At Celtic English Academy we can offer 4 levels of IELTS preparation courses. You will be placed in the appropriate class depending on your IELTS band score and the band score you are working towards obtaining.
Celtic offers 4 different IELTS course levels to suit the needs of lower, mid and higher students, subject to availability:
|Level 1||IELTS Introduction||IELTS bands 3.5 - 4.5|
|Level 2||Bridge to IELTS||IELTS bands 4.5 - 5.5|
|Level 3||IELTS Preparation||IELTS bands 5.5 - 6-5|
|Level 4||Advanced IELTS||IELTS bands 6.5 - 7.5|
|Minimum period of study||Recommended period of study||Recommended number of hours per week|
|4 weeks||12 weeks or more||21 hours|
- IELTS examination fees are not included in the course fees.
- The 2016 IELTS examination fee is £160 and the IELTS SELT exam fee is £200
- For more information on the IELTS exam, please visit IELTS Website.
Who is IELTS Exam Preparation for?
- Students who want to obtain an IELTS score as evidence of their English ability.
- Students who want to improve their current IELTS score.
- Students who want to go to university in the UK or another English-speaking country.
- Students who want to acquire English skills for further study.
- Students who require proof of their English level for work purposes.
- Develop English language skills in an academic context.
- Acquire necessary examination techniques to prepare for the IELTS exam.
- Improve necessary examination techniques to better current IELTS scores.
- Potential admission to your desired university.
- Communicate in English more easily.
- Understand more about English-speaking cultures.
How we measure your progress
Your progress will be assessed by weekly tests, a mid-term test and end-of-term test. As well as participating fully in class and completing all homework set, you will also be encouraged to keep a journal and complete portfolio work.
For IELTS students, progress through the levels is based on maintaining high standards from test scores, attendance, homework and performance in the class. Students should achieve a minimum of 70% on tests and have no less than 80% attendance throughout the course to progress to the next level.
|AM||8.45 - 10.15 10.30 - 12||8.45 - 10.15 10.30 - 12||8.45 - 10.15 10.30 - 12||8.45 - 10.15 10.30 - 12||8.45 - 10.15 10.30 - 12|
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 2, 2018