All forms of one-to-one marketing are affected by privacy legislation and the upcoming GDPR which comes into force 25th May 2018. Learn all you need to know with the IDM Award in General Data Protection, created by the DMA.
During your Qualification in the GDPR, you will learn to:
- Understand how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will affect processing outside of the EU
- Recognise how the new GDPR was developed by EU lawmakers
- Be clear on what individuals need to be told about when processing for marketing purposes
- Examine the key definitions and scope, such as:
- When the GDPR affects processing outside of the EU
- How the new law defines Personal Data
- How/ when Consent will need to be obtained
- What the changes are for Profiling
- Understand what individuals need to be told about processing for marketing purposes
- Realise when Data Processors can be liable
- Prepare for and cope with the rights of the individual (e.g. Right to erasure)
- Recognise the impacts of your database
This course has been developed in conjunction with the DMA Responsible Marketing Committee and the GDPR External Working Party and is delivered by the IDM.
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 3 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials. For more information call 020 8614 0277
Intensive 2- hour face-to-face seminar which takes place at the IDM offices in Central London. The exact location of our courses vary, so please make sure you check before attending.
Is this the right course for me?
The online GDPR award is ideal for professionals currently employed in commercial and public sector companies across all sectors, including professional services and not for profit. Equally agencies, consultancies and suppliers servicing their data management needs will benefit by enrolling staff.Data professionals
Data professionals within client organisations, including database and data managers, data stewards, data analysts, data planners, data protection officers, data quality managers, data processing managers – all of whom advise, influence, co-ordinate, manage or direct data policies and processes.Marketing professionals
Marketing professionals – client, agency or supplier side - who wholly or partly have responsibility for data collection, storage and use, and whose effectiveness is dependent on best practice data management. This includes managers and executives in marketing, direct marketing, digital marketing, CRM, e-commerce and customer insight.How do I enrol?
You can submit your booking online, if you would like to discuss your application or have any questions please call us on 020 8614 0277.
About the School
The IDM exists to support, encourage and improve marketing performance with development programmes to help you be the best you can be