The IB Extended Essay summer school course is designed to offer all students currently working towards their IB extended essay the chance to combine interactive skills seminars and in-depth individual research with personal attention from highly qualified mentors.
Seminars cover a wide variety of essential topics, designed to equip students with the know-how, skills, experience and confidence necessary to achieve their personal best as well as to pave the way for success in higher education.
- Essay writing (including research techniques, outlining and structuring an argument, editing and formatting)
- Oral presentations and public speaking
- Independent study
- Time management and organization
- Qualified supervisors and mentors to help students access the materials they require
Supervised individual research periods allow our summer students to put these skills into action and to make significant progress on their extended essay. All students will leave with a structured plan as to how to tackle the remainder of the extended essay and the necessary skills to tackle future essays both in school and at university.
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High-quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 80 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values-Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2020:
St Andrews: £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £4400 Tuition
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS 2020 experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between selected airport and ISSOS campus
About the School
ISSOS offers 13 to 18 year olds a balanced summer experience of academia, fun and culture, where students can learn within an encouraging and supportive environment while having fun and making new fri ... Read More