This course will enable you to transform yourself and your HR department into a business partner capable of delivering results and adding value to your organization.
This course is based on the latest research and best practices related to human resources management. It brings new experiences and examples to participants, as well as insights and understanding of what makes a successful HR business partner.
The course uses an integrated mix of training approaches including lectures, case studies, group activities, and sharing experience. Participants will go through various HR strategies, design key performance indicators and identify the competencies necessary for the success of HR as a business partner.
The course will end with an assessment of course participants to prove their understanding of the program material. Passing the assessment will give them the right to earn their certificate of completion.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the nature of HR as a managerial function
- List all HR functions and responsibilities and identify their contributions to organizational success
- Create an HR strategy that is aligned with the overall organizational strategy
- Measure the contribution of HR to the bottom line in both profit and non-profit organizations
- Assess the effectiveness of the human resources function through the use of 'SMART' Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrate how a competency framework can increase the effectiveness of the HR function
- List the core competencies for an HR professional.
Who Should Attend
Human resources managers, business partners, team leaders and specialists.
Convertas is an HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) Certification Preparation Provider, in Human Resource – International™ (SPHRi)™ that supports HR professionals in achieving their potential and acquiring (SPHRi)™ certification.
Human resources management
- Towards a modern definition
- The main functions in HR management
- Competency based HR management
- HR deliverables: a model for multiple roles
- HR as business partner
- HR’s strategic challenges
- HR competencies: moving from traditional HR to strategic HR
- Pre-strategy analysis: 'SWOT' analysis
- Visions and missions
- Critical success factors
- Key result areas and key performance indicators
- Turning key performance indicators into 'SMART' targets
- Force field analysis as a strategic tool
Competency based HR management
- Competency definition
- Types of competencies
- The different competency components
- Competency based recruitment and selection
- Competency based training and development
- Competency based performance management
- Benefits of a competency based HR
Linking HR’s strategy to the organization strategy
- Approaches for linking HR to the organization
- Writing HR strategies
- HR visions and missions
- HR key result areas
- HR key performance indicators
- Core competencies for HR professionals Assessing the effectiveness of human resources
- Effectiveness versus efficiency
- Recruitment and selection
- Training and development
- Performance management
- Compensation and benefits
- The overall effectiveness and efficiency of HR
- Reporting HR to top management
- The HR scorecard
- Linking HR to organizational strategy
- Components of the balanced scorecard
- Components of the HR balanced scorecard
- HR balanced results and key performance indicators
- Reporting HR to top management
About the School
At CONVERTAS, we organize training courses in all areas of business including Management, HR Management, Marketing, Finance, Procurement and Logistics, targeting organizations, managers and employees. ... Read More