* Acquire a new HR skill set as defined by the 2002 award-winning HR Competency Study
* Align your company's HR practices with your business strategy
* Create a customer-focused culture
* Learn to articulate the value of your HR investments
Who Should Attend
Typical participants are human resource managers responsible for establishing policy at corporate or divisional levels of major corporations, or are policy-making heads of HR functions in smaller companies. You should be familiar with HR areas and be ready to adopt new perspectives. This program is of particular benefit to you if your company is undergoing changes, or if you are a line executive who needs to refine and further develop your HR skills.
Throughout this two-week program, you will learn to:
- Apply state-of-the-art techniques in HR management
- Recognize how future trends in linking strategy and HR management may impact your organization
- Create and align your HR strategies with key business strategies
- Assess HR management practices and formulate plans for improvement
- Identify problem areas and provide alternative solutions that facilitate management processes
The material presented in the program is based on a comprehensive award-winning study, conducted by University of Michigan Ross School of Business faculty Wayne Brockbank and David Ulrich, examining how HR practices and professionals play increasingly important roles in sustaining a competitive advantage in business. Now in its fourth round, this study incorporates latest information about competencies and trends based on data collected from over 20,000 HR professionals in hundreds of companies around the world. The result is a serious examination of how HR practices and professionals play an increasingly important role in helping businesses achieve a sustained competitive advantage.