Hawai‘i is a tourist destination. Every year over 8.9 million visitors travel to experience the Aloha Spirit from many parts of the world spending $15.6 billion. A certificate endorsement in Hospitality and Tourism combined with an Associate in Arts degree in Liberal Arts from Hawaii Tokai International College provides a comprehensive, competitive edge in the ever-changing job market with hands-on experience in the industry. In addition to meeting the requirements for any of the three (3) degree options, students in the Hospitality and Tourism Concentration are required to take:
- HOSP 100 Customer Service and Career
- HOSP 101 Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
AND 6 credits earned from the following courses:
- COM 140 Introduction to Intercultural Communication
- ECON 120 Introduction to Economics
- ENG 209 Business Writing
- HOSP 105 Introduction to Japanese Business and Hospitality
- IS 295 Business Internship
- POLSCI 220 International Relations
- SOC 256 Race and Ethnic Relations in Hawai‘i
Learn about the Aloha Spirit at HTIC and how it can be applied to the Hospitality and Tourism industry in our world-class location.
E Komo Mai (Welcome)
Internships are individualized to align students with their career goals and interests (Business Internship Course).
Current Partnerships with Local Businesses
- Aloha Stadium
- Hampton Inn (Hilton Brand)
- Kapolei Golf Club
- Wet’n’Wild Hawaii Water Park
What is the Aloha Spirit in the Program?
- Admire the aloha spirit
- Learn in the classroom and onsite visits
- Observe ‘olu‘olu: agreeable; pleasantness
- Harness personal and career goals
- Apply knowledge during your internship
General Program Requirements
- Students must meet all requirements for A.A. degree.
- All courses taken for this program can also be applied to students’ A.A. degrees.
- Students are required to take Sophomore Seminar: Capstone Course (IS 200).
Certificates of Completion
Students who successfully complete the Hospitality and Tourism program will receive Certificates of Completion with their Associate in Arts diplomas.