Hawai‘i is a tourist destination. Every year over 8.9 million visitors travel to experience the Aloha Spirit from many parts of the world spending $15.6 billion. A certificate endorsement in Hospitality and Tourism combined with an Associate in Arts degree in Liberal Arts from Hawaii Tokai International College provides a comprehensive, competitive edge in the ever-changing job market with hands-on experience in the industry. In addition to meeting the requirements for any of the three (3) degree options, students in the Hospitality and Tourism Concentration are required to take:
- HOSP 100 Customer Service and Career
- HOSP 101 Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
AND 6 credits earned from the following courses:
- COM 140 Introduction to Intercultural Communication
- ECON 120 Introduction to Economics
- ENG 209 Business Writing
- HOSP 105 Introduction to Japanese Business and Hospitality
- IS 295 Business Internship
- POLSCI 220 International Relations
- SOC 256 Race and Ethnic Relations in Hawai‘i
Learn about the Aloha Spirit at HTIC and how it can be applied to the Hospitality and Tourism industry in our world-class location.
E Komo Mai (Welcome)
Internships are individualized to align students with their career goals and interests (Business Internship Course).
Current Partnerships with Local Businesses
- Aloha Stadium
- Hampton Inn (Hilton Brand)
- Kapolei Golf Club
- Wet’n’Wild Hawaii Water Park
What is the Aloha Spirit in the Program?
- Admire the aloha spirit
- Learn in the classroom and onsite visits
- Observe ‘olu‘olu: agreeable; pleasantness
- Harness personal and career goals
- Apply knowledge during your internship
General Program Requirements
- Students must meet all requirements for A.A. degree.
- All courses taken for this program can also be applied to students’ A.A. degrees.
- Students are required to take Sophomore Seminar: Capstone Course (IS 200).
Certificates of Completion
Students who successfully complete the Hospitality and Tourism program will receive Certificates of Completion with their Associate in Arts diplomas.
About the School
Established in 1992 as an American two-year liberal arts college, Hawaii Tokai International College (HTIC) is located in the city of Kapolei. HTIC, which is accredited by the Accrediting Commission f ... Read More