Launch your business career in the exciting field of hospitality management. There are numerous opportunities for advancement in the diverse and dynamic hospitality industry, especially for those with this degree. If you are upbeat and energetic, have leadership abilities, and enjoy assisting others, the global hospitality industry is worth seriously considering. This program provides a basic foundation and is designed to give students the option of articulation of a four-year institution or employment upon graduation.
Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) data shows the field of food management, particularly in institutions such as schools, hospitals, nursing homes, restaurants, hotels, and prisons, to be in the top ten job growth areas by 2012. For specific information, contact the NIACC Business Division.
The hospitality industry is enormous and provides and array of rewarding management positions including:
- Casino Management
- Cruise Line Management
- Event Planning
- Lodging Management
- Resort Club Management
- Restaurant Management
- Theme Park Management
- BCA-215 Computer Business Applications
- OR BCA-101 Introduction to Computers and Information Systems
- BUS-102 Introduction to Business
- MGT-101 Principles of Management*
- Business Elective(s)
- BUS-121 Business Communications
- OR BUS-130 Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- OR BUS-161 Human Relations
- OR General Education elective
- ACC-111 Introduction to Accounting
- BCA-152 Comprehensive Spreadsheets**
- BUS-162 Workplace Professionalism+
- MGT-170 Human Resource Management
- MKT-110 Principles of Marketing
- BUS-185 Business Law I
- ENG-105 Composition I
- Concentration Courses
- ENG-106 Composition II***
- Concentration Courses
- Natural Science/Mathematics Elective(s)
*Prerequisite: BUS-102 Introduction to Business is recommended.
**Prerequisite: BCA-101 Introduction to Computers and Information Systems or BCA-215 Computer Business Applications.
***Prerequisite: ENG-105 Composition I.
+If you anticipate achieving a two-year degree, enroll in a Business Elective your first year and BUS-162 Workplace Professionalism your second year, preferably the Fourth Term.
About the School
North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) is a nationally-ranked, two-year institution located in North Central Iowa that serves students of all ages and abilities. Starting in 1918 as Mason City Juni ... Read More