Program Length: 1 year/ 2 semesters
This Hospitality Foundations program has been specially designed as a pathway to nenable international students to enter the School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts and then transition into one of our diploma programs. In the Hospitality Foundation courses, you learn both the core job skills required to work in the dynamic hospitality industry as well as the language skills to communicate successfully in English to colleagues, employers and guests.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent documentation/transcripts from country of origin, or mature student status (19 years or older). Note - Applicants to Centennial College post-secondary programs in the areas of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts, with scores of 140 or 141 on the Centennial College English Skills Assessment, are advised to take this program first as a pathway to their program of choice.
- Meet English Requirements for Foundations Programs. - Students will be placed in the appropriate English level based on skills assessment results. This may lead to additional courses and require extra time and fees.
- Smaller class sizes allow for more individualized attention. - There is a carefully measured pace to the delivery of this Hospitality Foundations program. - Enjoy specially crafted learning experiences that are delivered by supportive and experienced instructors and professors. - The program places a strong emphasis on the use of English in all of its aspects. - Upon successful completion of this program, you are invited to pursue further study in programs offered in the School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts at Centennial College in Toronto, Canada.
- Transfer to a Hospitality Diploma program
- Front desk agent - Room agent - Room attendant - Host - Server