The Higher Diploma in Infocomm Technology (HDICT) programme provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to meet excellent career opportunities in the Infocomm Technology (ICT) industry. It aims to develop and produce graduates who are well-versed in the critical disciplines required in the field of computing and IT. Graduates will possess the necessary personal qualities and technical skills to excel as IT professionals.
The course aims to achieve an international standard of high-quality training which will lead to a universally recognised qualification, enabling graduates to pursue undergraduate programmes at top universities.
Assessment of the modules includes examinations, assignments, projects, presentations, class tests, and/or practical tests.
Mode of Delivery
Lectures, tutorials and independent learning are employed. To make sure that students have a clear understanding of the concepts, tutorials are used to re-emphasize the key areas.
Independent learning involves pupils taking the initiative in recognizing learning requirements and undertaking activities to meet them. These activities could take the form of research, tutorial exercises, review questions and coursework.
Learners will master the programming skills and the subject matter at their convenient time and is not affected by physical proximity. The use of technology via blended learning during the training and outside the training hours throughout the course aims to enhance learners’ ability to tap into technology.
- Project Management
- Database Systems and Applications
- Application Programming with Java
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Web Programming and Applications
- Network Operating Systems
- .Net Programming with C#
- Development of Mobile Applications
- Object-Oriented Programming with C++
Select one of the following:
- Cloud Computing Concepts, or
- Cyber Security
Select one of the following:
- Project, or
- Professional Certification Preparation
Entry Requirements (International)
17 years old
Completed High School or Year 12
Any of the following or equivalent:
- IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL (Paper) ≥ 547 or TOEFL (Computer) ≥ 210 or TOEFL (Internet) ≥ 78 or TOEIC ≥ 780
- Other qualifications equivalent to High School or Year 12 where the medium of instruction is English
- Attend and pass Certificate in English up to Academic English level
Mature Candidates N.A.
GCE ‘O’ Level/NITEC/Higher NITEC holders may consider the following programmes: Foundation Diploma for Tertiary Studies, Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management or Certificate in Tertiary Foundation
GCE ‘N’ Level holders may consider our GCE ‘O’ Level Preparatory Course.
It is important to achieve regular attendance and meet the attendance requirement stipulated by the authorities (eg. Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore) and TMC. Failure to meet the requirement will lead to the following:
- Rejection of Student Pass on re-application/renewal for international students.
- Expulsion where students do not make any improvement in their attendance rate and/or consistently absent from class despite warnings and counselling given in accordance with the school policy
Local fee: $9,433; International fee: $15,250