Higher Certificate in Photography
This specialised higher certificate programme is aimed at individuals seeking a vocational career in photography. The qualification is designed with a balance of practical, theoretical and artistic sections that facilitate the enhancement of creative thinking, academic growth and practical competence.
- Introduction to Photography
- Characteristics of Light
- Introduction to Visual Communication for Photographers
- Photographic Assignments
- Digital Imaging
- Work Integrated Learning
- Business Practice and Entrepreneurship
Photographic Assistant | Photographic Retail Representative | Photographic Studio Assistant | Social and Events Photographer | Freelance Photographer | Portrait Photographer
- An NSC with Higher Certificate admission- A minimum of 30 % for English is required; OR
- An NC(V) with Higher Certificate admission - a minimum of 40% in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level, with a minimum of 30% in either Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy, a minimum of 40% in Life Orientation and a minimum of 50% in four vocational subjects; OR
- An SC (without endorsement) or equivalent– A minimum of five subjects must be passed.
- Submit a creative portfolio and successfully meet the creative portfolio based on a review by a specialisation panel and attend an interview.
Cost & Fees
Full Settlement: R54,500
Instalment Fee(10 Monthly Instalments): R57,800
Deposit (Applicable to both fees): R10,000
*Make sure you secure your place at Vega early!!
**Deposit Included in Total Fee
About the School
Vega School, an educational brand of the Independent Institute of Education, believes that brands are the world’s greatest assets for meaningful change. Vega therefore aims to graduate a new breed of ... Read More