Higher Certificate in Photography
This specialised higher certificate programme is aimed at individuals seeking a vocational career in photography. The qualification is designed with a balance of practical, theoretical and artistic sections that facilitate the enhancement of creative thinking, academic growth and practical competence.
- Introduction to Photography
- Characteristics of Light
- Introduction to Visual Communication for Photographers
- Photographic Assignments
- Digital Imaging
- Work Integrated Learning
- Business Practice and Entrepreneurship
Photographic Assistant | Photographic Retail Representative | Photographic Studio Assistant | Social and Events Photographer | Freelance Photographer | Portrait Photographer
- An NSC with Higher Certificate admission- A minimum of 30 % for English is required; OR
- An NC(V) with Higher Certificate admission - a minimum of 40% in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level, with a minimum of 30% in either Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy, a minimum of 40% in Life Orientation and a minimum of 50% in four vocational subjects; OR
- An SC (without endorsement) or equivalent– A minimum of five subjects must be passed.
- Submit a creative portfolio and successfully meet the creative portfolio based on a review by a specialisation panel and attend an interview.
Cost & Fees
Full Settlement: R54,500
Instalment Fee(10 Monthly Instalments): R57,800
Deposit (Applicable to both fees): R10,000
*Make sure you secure your place at Vega early!!
**Deposit Included in Total Fee